Gaga’s piano to go under hammerJune 11th, 2011 - 1:54 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 11 (IANS) Pop star Lady Gaga’s piano is set to go under the hammer in a bid to raise money for young musicians.
Gaga is a trained pianist and uses the instrument in many of her shows. She is offering one lucky bidder the chance to own her personal one-of-a-kind Steinway, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Gaga last played the piano in May when she performed hits “Born This Way”, “Bad Romance”, “Alejandro” and “Judas” at the Robin Hood Foundation Gala in New York City, where she danced on the instrument before signing it.
The proceeds are said to be going towards Ten O’Clock Classics, an organisation which provides classical music venues for aspiring artists.
- Gaga to donate 625,000 pounds to help homeless youth - Apr 28, 2011
- Stewart gifts 50,000-pound guitar to Pattinson - Mar 21, 2012
- Lady Gaga releases 'Judas' four days early after song leaked online - Apr 16, 2011
- Victoria's piano back on display in Kolkata - Jun 21, 2012
- Gaga's new single 'Judas' upsets catholic campaigners - Apr 12, 2011
- Gaga raises funds for poor - May 11, 2011
- Elton John turns interviewer to Gaga - May 14, 2011
- Child prodigy performs with Mexican philharmonic - Mar 06, 2012
- Indian Jazz pianist Vijay Iyer loses Grammy - Feb 14, 2011
- Some give, some take for Mexican pianists in India - Nov 20, 2010
- Gaga's gifts boyfriend stray cat - Apr 08, 2012
- Cyrus launches design contest - Sep 10, 2012
- This 'iband' creates music on their palms (With Images) - Jul 22, 2012
- Winfrey opens up about teen pregnancy, miscarriage - Jan 19, 2011
- Is Mel Gibson dating aspiring musician ? - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: aspiring artists, bad romance, classical music, clock, hammer, judas, lady gaga, london, money, music venues, new york city, pianist, pop star, proceeds, robin hood, robin hood foundation, robin hood foundation gala, young musicians