Gaga to donate 625,000 pounds to help homeless youthApril 28th, 2011 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 28 (IANS) Pop superstar Lady Gaga has teamed up with Robin Hood Foundations and she will donate 625,000 pounds to help homeless youth. She is asking her fans to help her pick a worthy charity.
“I’m thrilled to be working with the Robin Hood Foundation to distribute funds to help the youth of New York City. NYC is my hometown and I think investing in these kids’ future will go a long way,” dailystar.co.uk quoted Gaga as saying.
She will select the charity through a poll on the Facebook. The 25-year-old has asked her fans to vote for the most deserving organisation. The winner, to be announced at a Robin Hood Foundation gala May 9, will receive 313,000 pounds over a two-year period, while the other charities will receive smaller grants.
- Gaga releasing charity stationery - Aug 31, 2012
- Gaga's piano to go under hammer - Jun 11, 2011
- Royal couple raise 625,000 pounds for kids' charity - Oct 16, 2011
- Streep donates film fee for charity - Nov 20, 2011
- Lauper awarded for charity work - Nov 24, 2011
- Garner to host fundraiser at hometown - Jun 19, 2011
- Gaga launches poster contest - Mar 30, 2012
- Hudson launches weight-loss centre - Sep 29, 2011
- Gaga raises funds for poor - May 11, 2011
- Gaga planning to adopt Indian kids? - Nov 13, 2011
- Brand to receive Man of the Year award - Oct 29, 2011
- Lady Gaga to play Amy Winehouse? - Aug 06, 2011
- Perry meditates to beat stress - Jul 05, 2012
- Hudson, Hendricks honoured for charity work - Sep 16, 2011
- Halle Berry honoured for charity work - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: charities, facebook, foundations, grants, homeless youth, hometown, lady gaga, london, new york city, poll, pop superstar, robin hood, robin hood foundation, robin hood foundation gala, worthy charity