Gaga greets India with tricolour hairdoOctober 28th, 2011 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 28 (IANS) Simple yet elegant - Lady Gaga chose to leave her bizarre dressing style back home for her first formal appearance here Friday. She wore a one-shoulder gown by an Indian designer, added the desi twist with a tricolour hairdo, and greeted the audience with a confident “Namaste”.
“Namaste everyone! I am so glad to be here. I could never even imagine that I would get to come to India and perform and meet my new, amazing fans that are here in India. So I would like to say thank you to all of you. My deepest gratitude,” Gaga told reporters.
The 25-year-old global pop icon, who is here to perform at the F1 after-party in Greater Noida Sunday, made a stylish entrance wearing a pair of black shades. She wore a sparkling neckpiece with simple earrings to match, but what attracted was her bouffant, which had streaks of saffron and green - colours of the Indian flag.
“Today I am wearing a dress by Naeem Khan, an Indian designer based out of New York,” she said.
Best known for songs like “Poker face”, “Just dance”, and her latest hit number “Born This Way”, Gaga says she may be known for bizarre sense of style, but she is like any other girl.
“My personal style is like any girl really…I wake up and I put on whatever makes me feel good….quite often I end up wearing my old leather jacket with a pair of fishnets,” added Gaga, who feels “the sights in India are beautiful, but the most beautiful sight is that of the people”.
Though she is excited about performing for her fans Sunday, she is already looking forward to coming back to India soon, as she said: “I can’t wait come back…to see more of India and to get to know more of the fans here.”
Gaga landed in the capital Thursday night. She is here on a four-day trip.
- My performance will have Indian influence: Gaga - Oct 28, 2011
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- Lady Gaga leaves desi 'monsters' wonderstruck - Oct 31, 2011
- 'Namaste', tweets Lady Gaga after arriving in Delhi - Oct 28, 2011
- Lady Gaga: The Unique Dresser, 5 Outrageous Ones - Oct 30, 2010
- Nida's 'Jadugaar' dress a hit with Lady Gaga - Oct 31, 2011
- Gaga's dons meat dress again - May 16, 2012
- Gaga sings with sitar for Indian fans - Oct 31, 2011
- Indian designer's fashion tips for Britney Spears - Sep 13, 2012
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Farah relieved after promos of 'Shirin Farhad...' - Jun 14, 2012
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- Gaga wears 'latex condom inspired outfit' on 'GMA' to promote 'safe sex' - Feb 18, 2011
- Gaga gifts her shades for SRK's daughter - Oct 31, 2011
- India has a special place in my heart: Swank - Jun 26, 2011
Tags: beautiful sight, bizarre sense, black shades, bouffant, day trip, elegant lady, formal appearance, global pop, hairdo, indian flag, leather jacket, naeem khan, namaste, old leather, personal style, poker face, pop icon, shoulder gown, streaks, style back