Gaga, Bieber named most charitable starsDecember 29th, 2011 - 9:15 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 29 (IANS) Pop star Lady Gaga and teen sensation Justin Bieber have been named the most charitable stars of 2011.
Gaga, who is a vocal campaigner for gay rights, came in at number one on the Celebs Gone Good Top 20 list, compiled by DoSomething.org, which praises stars for their philanthropic efforts over the last 12 months, reports dailystar.co.uk.
Bieber claimed second place, just days after he made a pre-Christmas trip to visit a local food bank in his native Canada. The singer is also a supporter of children’s charity Pencils of Promise.
Meanwhile, hollywood actor George Clooney, Will Smith and his wife Jada, and Leonardo DiCaprio rounded off the top five.
- Gaga tops charitable celebrities poll - Dec 25, 2010
- Lady Gaga tops 'most charitable celebrities' poll - Dec 25, 2010
- Gaga beats Winfrey, tops world's most powerful celeb list - May 19, 2011
- DiCaprio partners with electric car company - Jul 05, 2012
- Bieber's 'Titanic' surprise for Gomez - Sep 25, 2011
- Justin Bieber tops web search charts - Jul 08, 2010
- Kissing DiCaprio wasn't that weird: Hammer - May 26, 2011
- DiCaprio embarrassed by 'Titanic' performance - Mar 29, 2012
- Bieber honoured with special day - Jun 21, 2012
- Dicaprio romancing Blake Lively? - May 18, 2011
- Cheryl Cole named most popular music star - Dec 03, 2010
- DiCaprio, Maguire, Hardy to produce new film - Aug 29, 2012
- Justin Bieber, Inception, Gulf oil spill are this year's top Twitter Trends - Dec 14, 2010
- Woman accused of slashing DiCaprio with wineglass must stand trial: Judge - Aug 27, 2010
- I get terribly lonely sometimes: Leonardo DiCaprio - Feb 03, 2010
Tags: 12 months, actor george clooney, campaigner, celebs, christmas trip, dailystar, gay rights, george clooney, hollywood actor, jada, justin bieber, lady gaga, leonardo dicaprio, local food bank, native canada, pencils, philanthropic efforts, pop star, teen sensation, will smith