Gaga becomes 1st musician to attract over 1bn video views on YouTubeOctober 26th, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 26 (ANI): Lady Gaga has left Justin Bieber behind to become the first musician to attract over a one billion views of her videos on YouTube.
“We reached 1 Billion views on youtube little monsters! If we stick together we can do anything. I dub u kings and queens of youtube! Unite!” The Telegraph quoted her as tweeting the news to her seven million followers on Twitter.
The one billion-plus figure is the total amount of views all of her content has totted up via the video-sharing site, as opposed to one video’s popularity.
Bieber is close behind Gaga’s record, with just over 965 million views of his content.
The American singer comes in second on YouTube’s ‘most viewed’ chart, with Bad Romance, having attracted over 297 million views. Other popular Gaga videos are Telephone, which has attracted 88.6 million views and Alejandro, 94.5 million views.
It is unknown how much money she will have made from Google, YouTube’s parent company, through its standard advertising revenue sharing deal. Google declined to comment. (ANI)
- YouTube launches iPhone app with advertisements - Sep 12, 2012
- YouTube co-founder decides to step down - Oct 31, 2010
- Who Is Your Favorite- Lady Gaga Or Justin Bieber? - Nov 12, 2010
- YouTube marks fifth birthday by announcing two billion views per day - May 19, 2010
- Rebecca Black smashes Justin Bieber's record on Youtube - Apr 19, 2011
- Co-founder of YouTube steps down as CEO - Oct 30, 2010
- The Queen a massive internet star - Feb 21, 2010
- Lady Gaga becomes first person to have 9m Twitter followers - Mar 26, 2011
- YouTube increases video upload limit to 15 minutes - Aug 01, 2010
- YouTube, age 5, is just getting started - May 18, 2010
- Justin Bieber Is The Most Popular Artiste On YouTube! - Dec 14, 2010
- YouTube launches Hebrew interface - Sep 06, 2010
- Shakira is seventh most popular person on Twitter - Aug 09, 2011
- 36 hours of videos uploaded on YouTube every minute - Feb 16, 2011
- Video 'Gap Yah' wins online comedy crown - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: 1 billion, 5 million, 6 million, advertising revenue, american singer, bad romance, followers, google, kings and queens, lady gaga, little monsters, london, musician, one billion, parent company, popularity, standard advertising, telegraph, video views, youtube