Gaga beats Obama in Facebook fans recordJuly 3rd, 2010 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 3 (IANS) Pop star Lady Gaga has beaten US President Barack Obama to top the number of fans on social networking site Facebook.
The “Poker Face” singer’s fan count reached 9,940,462, while Obama has 9,444,942 fans. She has also left Obama behind in Twitter followers as her follower count reached 4,762,938 compared to Obama’s 4,422,923 followers, reports aceshowbiz.com.
According to British social-network statistics site Fame Count, Gaga is on the brink of becoming the first living person to have 10 million fans on Facebook beating out the US leader, Michael Jackson and Justin Bieber,
The 24-year-old posted a video, Friday, thanking her fans for the “love and support”.
“Thank you so much for all of your love and all of your support and for sticking by me through the fame and the fame monster. Become my friend on Facebook. I’ll never forget you,” she said.
- Eminem most popular on Facebook - Mar 16, 2011
- Shakira notches 50 mn Facebook fans - May 13, 2012
- Lady Gaga launching her own social network - Feb 06, 2012
- Lady Gaga launches her own social networking site 'Little Monsters' - Jul 11, 2012
- Obama finally hits 10m Facebook fans - Jul 07, 2010
- Lady Gaga sets Facebook record with 10m fans - Jul 04, 2010
- Bihar takes to Facebook, Twitter to communicate policies - Jun 22, 2012
- Lady Gaga becomes first person to have 9m Twitter followers - Mar 26, 2011
- Shakira is seventh most popular person on Twitter - Aug 09, 2011
- News Corp sells MySpace for $35 mn - Jun 30, 2011
- Cartoon Profile Pics On Facebook Takes Web By Storm - Dec 05, 2010
- Vatican to unveil Facebook page for Pope John Paul II this week - Mar 14, 2011
- Facebook founder Zuckerberg is Time's Person of Year (Lead) - Dec 15, 2010
- Jemima uses Twitter to campaign against being called 'socialite' - Jan 14, 2011
- How To Find Jobs Through Social Networking Sites - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,