Gabriela Irimia cautioned by police for shopliftingJanuary 9th, 2011 - 4:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 9 (ANI): Pop star Gabriela Irimia has been cautioned by cops for shoplifting at a supermarket in Cheshire.
Police were called to Sainsbury’s in Wilmslow, Cheshire on Friday, after staff spotted the former fiancée of ex-Liberal Democrat MP Lembit Opik taking groceries and a beauty product without paying, reports the Daily Mail.
“At just before 2pm on Friday, January 7, Cheshire Police were called to a supermarket on Alderley Road, Wilmslow after a 26-year-old woman from Essex was detained on suspicion of theft of grocery items,” a spokesman for Cheshire Police said.
“The woman was interviewed by police as part of the investigation into the circumstances of the incident and subsequently given a caution for theft,” the spokesman added.
However, sources close to the singer claimed she never intended to steal the goods and stepped outside after feeling unwell while queuing to pay.
The Romanian born singer, who now lives in Essex, was in Cheshire to visit her boyfriend Nicholas Zapolski, a property developer who lives near to the supermarket. (ANI)
- Is Katie Green dating Lib Dem MP Lembit Opik? - Jul 05, 2009
- Woman travels 400 miles to stalk Ferdinand - Feb 18, 2011
- Couple jailed, lose custody of daughter, over stolen sandwiches - Oct 31, 2011
- Woman sets herself afire at petrol pump - Nov 23, 2011
- Guide on how to shoplift by Brit university newspaper angers retailers - Feb 22, 2011
- German Supermarket scores with its nudist gimmick - Jun 18, 2012
- Kerry Katona gets police caution after coke snorting video - Aug 25, 2009
- MP Lembit Opik dumped by his Cheeky Girls fiancee - Jul 13, 2008
- Everton striker Saha 'lucky to be alive' after crashing Ferrari - Mar 01, 2011
- Rose Devlin & Denise Egan's theft attempt goes wrong - Nov 23, 2011
- Shoplifting job applicant caught by the resume that she had left behind - Jul 29, 2010
- It pays to be a thief in Canada! - Oct 08, 2010
- Brit shoppers develop taste for "wartime" food - courtesy recession - May 13, 2010
- Footballers, WAGs warned over carjackings - Jan 11, 2009
- 'Brits to grow own fruits, veggies' - Dec 31, 2009
Tags: 2pm, beauty product, born singer, cheshire police, daily mail, essex, feeling unwell, fianc, gabriela irimia, groceries, lembit, liberal democrat mp, london jan, old woman, pop star, property developer, sainsbury, shoplifting, supermarket, wilmslow cheshire