Furtado was a ‘hopeless rebel’September 17th, 2012 - 11:21 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 17 (IANS) Singer Nelly Furtado says she was part of a gang during her high school days, and she was the most hopeless rebel in the gang.
As part of the gang, she used to throw stones at buses and gatecrash parties.
“I was in a high school gang called the Portuguese Mafia. But I was the most hopeless rebel of all time. We drove around in a van with the windows covered in black paper. We specialised in crashing parties and throwing stones at buses,” Live magazine quoted the singer as saying.
Furtado, who studied in Mount Douglas Secondary School, Canada, was later thrown out of the gang for not being able to stand up to their expectations.
“I was pretty good at crashing parties but the other gang members questioned whether I could throw the stones hard enough to break the windows - so they threw me out of the gang,” she said.
- Mariah Carey feels 'horrible and embarrassed' to have sung for Gaddafis - Mar 04, 2011
- Nelly Furtado blasts Madonna over her reluctance to age naturally - Nov 23, 2009
- Usher donates Gaddafi gig money to charity - Mar 06, 2011
- Nelly Furtado to donate $1M paycheck from Qaddafi to charity - Mar 01, 2011
- Singer Nelly Furtado donating $1 million from Gaddafi bash - Mar 01, 2011
- Nelly Furtado offered $1M to pose nude for Playboy - Sep 28, 2009
- Nelly Furtado 'to release first Spanish album' - Jun 04, 2009
- Nelly Furtado fed up of composing in English - Aug 11, 2009
- Aguilera denies gatecrashing into Renner's party - Jun 19, 2011
- Sarah hit by stone during film promotion - Jul 24, 2012