Furore over day out proposal for Brit paedophiles, rapistsSeptember 10th, 2008 - 6:45 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 10 (ANI): A furore has been created after police and probation officers decided to send convicted paedophiles and rapists on frequent trips to the cinema and art galleries.
The move was proposed in order to help offenders, including dangerous child abusers, rehabilitate and rejoin society.
The plans, if implemented would cost 12,000 pounds on the taxpayers pocket for every pervert signed up for the ridiculous jolly outings.
The offenders will also be allocated friends as part of their trips including meals out and afternoons at the pictures.
When released, the high-risk convicts will be assigned a circle of friends who may help them with necessary guidance to not repeat their crimes.
But Michele Elliott, of child protection charity Kidscape, was against the allocation of public money for prisoners outings.
If were paying for these outings, thats ridiculous. Sex offenders are manipulative and cunning. I worry well-intentioned friends supporting them could be duped, the Daily star quoted her, as saying.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police, which is to pilot the scheme, said: Our chief aims are to protect the public and prevent re-offending. (ANI)
- 400 offenders in Britain raped again after release - Jul 16, 2012
- Oz MP's bid to microchip, castrate sex offenders rejected - Mar 24, 2011
- British sex offenders to face mandatory lie detector test - Jul 20, 2012
- Man blames Viagra, wife's menopause for filming women in changing room - Jan 11, 2011
- 100 paedophiles chemically castrated in Britain - Mar 13, 2012
- Global paedophile ring busted in Russia - Dec 14, 2011
- Over 300 sex monsters on the loose in the UK - Apr 26, 2010
- Brit-Indian honeymooner detained with Britain's worst child killers, rapists - Apr 29, 2011
- The World's nicest prison is located in Bastoy - May 25, 2012
- Castration as punishment for rape? The debate intensifies - May 06, 2011
- American turns vigilante, kills two paedophiles - Jun 05, 2012
- 10-year-old Brooke Shields' nude photo raises stink - Sep 30, 2009
- Brit rapists, paedophiles being allowed trips to McDonalds - Sep 29, 2008
- Child abusers, drug dealers as teachers in Britain! - Mar 26, 2012
- Right to vote sought for rapists, paedophiles in Britain - Apr 01, 2011
Tags: afternoons, aims, art galleries, convicts, crimes, daily star, frequent trips, greater manchester police, high risk, kidscape, michele elliott, necessary guidance, pervert, prisoners, probation officers, public money, rapists, sex offenders, spokesman, taxpayers