‘Friday Night Lights’ heads to ESPNJuly 13th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Los Angeles, July 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) ESPN will be the new home of the series “Friday Night Lights.” After exiting from DirecTV earlier this year, the season finale will be aired on NBC on the 15th of July and then the show will make its way to ESPN where it will be shown on both ESPN and ESPN Classic, according to a report from TheWrap.com.
ESPN showed two episodes of the first season of the series last night. ESPN Classic will take over the airing of the first season when it starts airing a marathon of the first season from Thursday the 14th of July. From the 21st of July ESPN Classic will air the series every Thursday at 9PM.
“Friday Night Lights” lovers don’t have to wait that long to watch all five seasons of the show. ESPN has announced that they will introduce a new channel called Longhorn Network in August where all the first five seasons of the series will be aired. Longhorn is solely dedicated to all the sports that takes place in Texas.
“Friday Night Lights” is expected to receive nominations when the 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards nominations are released on Thursday. The series received nominations in last year’s edition of the awards.
- 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards: Nominees & Winners - Aug 30, 2010
- "Glee" And "The Pacific" Dominate Emmy Award Nominations - Jul 09, 2010
- Artie Lange suspended from radio show - Aug 01, 2012
- Primetime Emmy Award Presenters Announced By Officials - Aug 22, 2010
- Tina Fey Grateful For Winning Nominations In Emmy - Jul 09, 2010
- Kim Kardashian To Walk The Red Carpet In Primetime Emmy Award 2010? - Aug 22, 2010
- Steve Carell receives sixth Emmy award nomination - Jul 18, 2011
- "The Golden Girls" Reborn In Span - Jul 28, 2010
- 88 Year Old Betty White Signs Deal For New Sitcom - Mar 17, 2010
- Martin Scorsese wins Emmy for directing best drama - Sep 19, 2011
- Wisteria lane's new resident: Vanessa Williams - May 19, 2010
- "Friday Night Lights" To Air Season 4 On NBC - May 08, 2010
- Jane Lynch to host the Emmy Awards - Jun 03, 2011
- Eric Stonestreet Wins His First Emmy For "Modern Family" - Aug 30, 2010
- First Pictures Of Amy Poehler's Second Baby Boy, Abel, Have Been Divulged To The Public By US Weekly - Jan 12, 2011