Freida’s skin tone not altered, says L’OrealSeptember 29th, 2011 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 29 (IANS) The French cosmetic brand L’Oreal is again in the news for the wrong reason - it has been accused of altering actress Freida Pinto’s skin tone in their latest campaign, but the brand has denied it.
“This is with reference to certain incorrect reports on the internet about L’Oreal Paris lightening Freida Pinto’s skin-tone in the campaign ‘Colors Take Flight Project Runway’. L’Oreal Paris strongly reiterates that Freida Pinto’s skin-tone in the campaign has not been altered in any way,” said a statement from the company Thursday.
“This campaign was meant to highlight Freida Pinto’s make-up colors applied on her eyes and lips. Thus, some powerful studio lights with ring-flash have been used for this purpose to create a runway effect on the picture. There has been no whitening retouching process whatsoever on her face,” it added.
The “Slumdog Millionaire” actress has been L’Oreal Paris spokesperson since 2009.
This is not the first time the cosmetics brand has been accused of lightening the skin tones of its models. Recently, the brand was accused for using airbrushed pictures of Aishwarya Rai for one of their campaigns.
- Aishwarya Rai still endorses L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
- Julia Roberts' Lancome ad banned in Britain - Jul 27, 2011
- Sonam to walk Cannes red carpet (With Image) - May 14, 2012
- Ash, Sonam, Frieda set to dazzle on Cannes red carpet - Apr 22, 2011
- L’Oreal: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Still Continues To Be Our Spokesperson! - Jan 11, 2011
- Bollywood celebrity "wars" go international - Jan 11, 2011
- Ash replaced by Freida Pinto as Indian face of L'Oreal - Jan 09, 2011
- Freida Pinto becomes new face of L'Oreal Paris - May 13, 2009
- Gerard Butler is new face of L'Oreal - Jul 31, 2010
- Rachel Weisz's L'oreal ad banned - Feb 02, 2012
- Gerald Butler Becomes The L'Oreal Paris Men's Expert - Jul 31, 2010
- Freida Pinto becomes new face of L'Oreal - May 13, 2009
- Jennifer Lopez: The Brand Ambassador Of L’Oreal Paris - Dec 08, 2010
- Zeenat Aman, Priya Dutt to judge Women Awards 2012 - Mar 13, 2012
- L'Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt questioned by the French police - Jul 27, 2010
Tags: actress, aishwarya rai, campaigns, colors, cosmetic brand, cosmetics, flight project, freida, l oreal, l oreal paris, lips, millionaire, New Delhi, pinto, project runway, retouching, ring flash, skin tone, skin tones, spokesperson