Freida Pinto wants to be known as more than “just a pretty face”February 18th, 2009 - 11:52 am ICT by ANI
London, Feb 18 (ANI): Slumdog Millionaire star Freida Pinto wants to be known for her acting skills, rather than just a pretty face.
In an interview to Hello! magazine, the 24-year-old Mumbai girl said she is determined not to be typecast on account of her looks, and is eager to play challenging roles.
“I don”t want to be known as just a pretty face. I loved Charlize Theron in Monster. I want to play parts that are challenging and inspiring,” the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
“Slumdog is about destiny, and my personal journey through this film has made me realise the power of destiny.
Planning doesn”t hurt, but it’’s wonderful to know that sometimes life has bigger plans for you than you had for yourself,” she added.
Pinto also revealed that she cried the first time she watched the critically acclaimed film.
“I cried the first time I watched it. It’’s a very grounded film. I can honestly say it communicates the pulse of this vibrant city, she said.
Danny has done away with the cliches and shows India developing at a rapid pace.
The way Mumbai doesn”t try to hide its highs or its lows is a vital part of its character. The poor and rich live among each other, and its slums are as much part of it as the beautiful structures that adorn it,” she added. (ANI)
- I want a baby: Theron - Aug 25, 2011
- Theron doesn't like to watch her films - May 22, 2011
- Don't see space for myself in Bollywood: Tarsem Singh - Nov 11, 2011
- Freida Pinto on starring in Woody Allen's new movie - Sep 20, 2010
- Freida Pinto says she was self obsessed - Nov 08, 2010
- Freida Pinto Drops Her "Lalita" Image In GQ Shoot - Sep 20, 2010
- Theron's retirement woes - Dec 01, 2011
- 'Trishna' a very beautiful yet tragic tale: Freida Pinto (Interview) (With Images) - Jul 15, 2012
- I'll say yes if I love an Indian film: Freida Pinto (Interview) - Oct 23, 2010
- Bollywood doesn't treat women like dolls: Freida Pinto - Nov 29, 2010
- Women don't have shelf life in showbiz: Freida Pinto - Nov 10, 2011
- Bengal journos pin Freida for naming 'only one' Bengali filmmaker great - Nov 26, 2011
- First look of Freida Pinto's 'Immortals' released - May 01, 2011
- I don't compare myself with Freida: Tena Desae (With image) - May 27, 2012
- No Bollywood for Freida Pinto - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: acting skills, charlize theron, cliches, freida, hello magazine, India, london feb, lows, millionaire, monster, mumbai girl, personal journey, pinto, power of destiny, pretty face, rapid pace, slums, telegraph, typecast, vibrant city