Free me, says Big BFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 23 (IANS) Amitabh Bachchan is enjoying his freedom from tubes and needles and says he is now eagerly awaiting his return home from the hospital, where he has been under observation for the past 12 days after his surgery.
“The ‘central line’ came out a short while ago … a good looking healthy 6″ of needle immersed into your neck ‘vein’ and the relief of mobility now cannot be aptly described. The body is now free from all ‘kites’ and wires and soon shall be free from this hospital as well,” Amitabh posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com Wednesday night.
He also shared his excitement on Twitter.
“Freedom! Free from central line, free from all kites, free to sleep without precaution… Now await to be free from hospital,” he wrote.
The 69-year-old is already thinking of the various ways in which he wants to spend time at home.
“It shall now be a few more days when I shall be heading home. The mind has already begun to programme the time to be spent and how. There shall be the obvious precautions, but besides that a desire to utilise the time in constructive learning and to acquire knowledge of matters still a mystery for me,” he added.
Amitabh was admitted to the hospital Feb 11 for abdominal surgery. After two surgeries, he complained of acute pain, and doctors decided to extend his stay for observation.
Since Monday, Amitabh is gradually returning to normal, as he was allowed to take a shower, walk around and increase food intake.
The surgery, he says, has left two visible incisions on his lower belly.
“They look clean and neat, but obviously a presence you would rather not have among the already rather congested stomach. I believe in time, the fresh ‘entrant’ into the community shall exert its presence, much to the chagrin of those already there, but as has been experienced in the past, they all settle down to love and respect each other,” he added.
- Amitabh Bachchan discharged from hospital (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Big B to be discharged from hospital later Thursday - Feb 23, 2012
- Big B back home, upset with paparazzi's insensitivity (With Image) - Feb 24, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- Big B shows satisfactory progress, feels less pain - Feb 21, 2012
- Will be home in few days, full recovery to take months: Big B (Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Big B battles sleepless nights in hospital - Feb 18, 2012
- Big B gets better, comes out to greet fans (With Image) - Mar 12, 2012
- Big B prepares for abdominal surgery - Feb 09, 2012
- Big B's health improves, feels hunger pangs - Feb 20, 2012
- Can't wait to have Ash, baby home: Abhishek - Nov 18, 2011
- Big B unlikely to be discharged Tuesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Amitabh to inaugurate school for special children - Jan 10, 2012
- Amitabh to learn sitar, sarod - Mar 21, 2012
- Amitabh Bachchan still in incredible pain - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: abdominal surgery, acute pain, amitabh bachchan, bigb, chagrin, doctors, excitement, food intake, heading home, incisions, kites, mumbai, needles, observation, precaution, stomach, surgeries, time at home, tubes, wednesday night