Franco the Gorilla launches new discNovember 19th, 2011 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
San Juan, Nov 19 (IANS/EFE) Puerto Rican rapper Franco the Gorilla is launching his second album, “La Verdadera Maquina” (The Real Machine), in which he works with artists he describes as the “cream” of reggaeton.
The artists include Wisin & Yandel, Jowell & Randy, Cosculluela and O’Neill.
Luis Francisco Cortes Torres, the artist’s real name, told EFE that working with such star vocalists is “interesting and important”, because they are singers, he said, who “project the musical and vocal evolution” of reggaeton.
“It’s something that flows through us and is a chemistry that feels good. They never hesitated to be part of the disc,” the 32-year-old artist said.
He said his new album is up to now “the most important project” of his life, apart from his family.
“The disc is a super-project for me because we did it with so much affection and care. We surpassed all expectations of what we set out to achieve,” he said.
He said that while he has a career of six years and two discs - the first was “Welcome to the Jungle” in 2009 - he’s coming on now “like a new talent with a terrible hunger”.
Franco the Gorilla kicked off his career as a backup singer for Wisin & Yandel, until he had the chance to record his first solo on the 2005 disc “Underground”.
- Reggaeton duo include JLo in upcoming album - Mar 07, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel hope for P.Diddy collaboration on new disc - Aug 17, 2011
- Santos' first solo album tops Billboard Latin chart - Dec 09, 2011
- Composer of hits for Daddy Yankee releases single - Jun 01, 2011
- Pitbull wins pop songwriter prize - May 18, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias, Jennifer Lopez combine styles - Aug 18, 2012
- Wisin, Yandel vault to No. 1 on Billboard Latin Songs - Sep 30, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias's new album goes double platinum - Feb 09, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias launches world tour in Puerto Rico - Jan 31, 2011
- Ivy Queen thrives in male-dominated reggaeton - Aug 29, 2012
- Enrique Iglesias the big winner at Latin music awards - Apr 30, 2011
- Enrique Iglesias returns to Madrid after 12 years - May 03, 2012
- Grammy-winner says his next baby will be a singer - Jan 25, 2012
- Puerto Rican rapper releases new album - Nov 02, 2011
- Natalia collaborating with Franco De Vita, Daddy Yankee - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: affection, backup singer, chemistry, cosculluela, efe, evolution, francisco cortes, franco, gorilla, hunger, jowell randy, new album, o neill, old artist, puerto rican, san juan, singers, six years, vocalists, welcome to the jungle