Fran Healy Keeps Promise Made To Paul McCartney, Turns VegetarianJuly 29th, 2010 - 7:18 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
July 29, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Fran Healy known as the front man of Travis has kept his promise made to Paul McCartney. He wrote so in his blog recently. The singer said he will stop eating meat and turn vegetarian if the former Beatles star play bass in his debut solo album named Wreckorder. That was a year back. The singer insists that he is still sticking to the veg diet and continue to do so because he is man of his words. He also wrote in his blog that he is grateful to the legendary Beatles star for aiding him.
Fran Healy admitted that it was not really very tough for him to adopt a veg diet at all. He dreamt a nightmare years back when he saw the slaughtering of a cow which left him shocked. However, after that he stopped eating meat only temporarily. The singer insists that this time it is a complete and irreversible change and he is not going to shun vegetarian diet at all.
Paul McCartney is also very happy that singer Fran Healy has kept the promise he made and he is still adhering to it. He sent his friend some awesome veg recipes which was happily accepted by him. Fran Healy has taken a liking to the Lasgna recipe sent by the former Beatles star. The son of Fran Healy already liked vegetarian dishes so changing the diet for his family became even easier for him. The three cook books sent by the Beatles star is of immense help according to Fran Healy. This is a rare example of celebrity bonhomie indeed.
- McCartney launches vegetarian cookery book - Mar 27, 2012
- McCartney urges Manmohan to celebrate vegetarianism - Jan 05, 2011
- Hindus back Paul McCartney's call to India for a National Vegetarian Day - Jan 05, 2011
- Sir Paul McCartney finds vegetarianism 'most enjoyable' - Feb 08, 2010
- Mccartney immortalised on PETA Stamp - Nov 29, 2011
- McCartney raises voice to save baby elephant in India (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Hindus back Catholics' call for meatless Fridays - Mar 07, 2011
- Joe Walsh and Paul McCartney get standing ovation at the Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2012
- When Lovato met McCartney - Apr 11, 2012
- Macca appeals for meat-free day in India - Jan 05, 2011
- McCartney bans meat on music tour - Apr 06, 2010
- Jailed George Michael gets hand-written letter from Macca - Oct 01, 2010
- Promote vegetarianism, McCartney tells Anderson - Apr 30, 2009
- When McCartney asked Dalai Lama to turn vegetarian - Dec 15, 2008
- Macca 'grateful for renewed Lennon friendship' - Dec 12, 2010
Tags: beatles, celebrity, cook books, cow, debut solo album, eating meat, fran healy, front man, irreversible change, lasgna recipe, legendary beatles, liking, nightmare, paul mccartney, rare example, travis, veg diet, veg recipes, vegetarian diet, vegetarian dishes