Fourth Bourne Film Gets A WriterJune 10th, 2010 - 6:13 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 10, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The speculations over the possible fourth Bourne film ended when producer Frank Marshall tweeted that Tony Gilroy, screenplay writer of first three Bourne films, will be penning the script for it. The fourth installment of the spy series will be called, The Bourne Legacy.
According to the reports, Gilroy won’t be following the novel this time and will create his own plotline. There have been rumors of a South American location in the story.
It remains to be seen if Matt Damon will reprise the role of amnesic assassin, Jason Bourne, in the film. While talking to the media at the UK premiere of his film Invictus, the actor had said that he wouldn’t be part of any Bourne films further until and unless there is a proper script. Damon had also mentioned in the past that he would only act in a possible fourth Bourne film if it is directed by Paul Greengrass.
The previous three films were adapted for screen from novel series of same name by Robert Ludlum. The first film, The Bourne Identity in 2002 and was directed by Doug Liman. The second and third films The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum came in 2004 and 2007 respectively, both were directed by Paul Greengrass.
These films were praised for their realism and got obtained critical and commercial success. The third film won three Oscars for best editing, best sound and best sound editing.
- Bourne sequel 'in trouble' as director quits - Dec 02, 2009
- Damon's fourth 'Bourne' instalment in jeopardy - Dec 02, 2009
- Universal studios to roll out fourth 'Bourne' film - Nov 25, 2008
- Matt Damon signs fourth 'Bourne' film - Oct 19, 2008
- Matt Damon not to star in next 'Bourne' movie - Oct 11, 2010
- James Franco in 'The Bourne Legacy'? - Nov 09, 2010
- Damon didn't know about 'Bourne' axe - Oct 27, 2010
- James Franco to star in The Bourne Legacy? - Nov 05, 2010
- Fourth Bourne film in the making - Oct 18, 2008
- Matt Damon shocked at being axed from Bourne Legacy - Oct 27, 2010
- Bourne 4 still in the works - Nov 13, 2009
- Matt Damon announces 4th Bourne Identity flick - Mar 16, 2009
- Movie Review: Green Zone(2010) - Apr 09, 2010
- Matt Damon wants Crowe, Washington to play Bourne - Mar 02, 2010
- Next 'Bourne' movie to be prequel without Damon! - Feb 02, 2010
Tags: best editing, bourne identity, bourne legacy, bourne supremacy, bourne ultimatum, commercial success, doug liman, frank marshall, invictus, jason bourne, matt damon, novel series, paul greengrass, plotline, robert ludlum, screenplay writer, spy series, three films, tony gilroy, uk premiere