Four Tops to receive Lifetime Achievement Award at GrammysDecember 23rd, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 23 (ANI): Pop group Four Tops will be honoured with the lifetime achievement award at this years Grammys.
The group involving Abdul “Duke” Fakir, Roquel Payton, Theo Peoples and Ronnie McNeir will receive the prestigious award along with late Rat Pack star Dean Martin.
Gene Autry, the Blind Boys Of Alabama, Hank Jones, Tom Paxton and Brenda Lee will also receive career awards.
Neil Portnow, President of The Recording Academy - which runs the Grammys - called the recipients a “prestigious group of legendary performers, creative architects and technical visionaries”.
Their outstanding accomplishments, legendary passion and artistry have positively affected our culture and will continue to influence and inspire generations to come, the BBC quoted him as saying.
Meanwhile, the nominations for the main awards ceremony have already been announced. US rapper Lil” Wayne leads the pack with eight nods, including album of the year for Tha Carter III. (ANI)
- Kanye West tops 54th Grammy nominations with seven - Dec 01, 2011
- Kanye West wins best rap song, album awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Julie Andrews to get lifetime achievement Grammy - Dec 23, 2010
- Mick Jagger to perform at Grammy Awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Lil Wayne's First Tour Since Prison Stint To Kick Off In March - Jan 25, 2011
- Julie Andrews to receive lifetime achievement Grammy award - Dec 23, 2010
- Lil Wayne sued by 'Lollipop' producer - Mar 23, 2011
- Lil Wayne gets $1 million birthday gift from his boss - Oct 14, 2009
- Lil Wayne sues Quincy Jones' son - Sep 08, 2012
- Steve Jobs to be honoured with Grammy award - Dec 22, 2011
- Lil Wayne Sentencing Ends - Mar 09, 2010
- Michael Jackson to get lifetime achievement Grammy - Dec 11, 2009
- 25 new inductees into Grammy Hall of Fame - Nov 22, 2011
- David Guetta's India tour: tickets sell well - Feb 11, 2012
- Jazz Pianist Hank Jones dies at the age of 91 - May 18, 2010
Tags: abdul duke fakir, blind boys of alabama, brenda lee, career awards, dean martin, four tops, gene autry, grammys, legendary passion, legendary performers, lifetime achievement award, lil wayne, neil portnow president, pop group, prestigious group, recording academy, ronnie mcneir, tha carter, theo peoples, tom paxton