Four die in Orissa house wall collapseOctober 27th, 2010 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Oct 27 (IANS) Four members of a family, including a boy, died and one sustained critical injuries after a wall of their house collapsed early Wednesday in Orissa’s Ganjam district, police said.
The family was asleep when the accident occurred at about 1.30 a.m. in Baurisahi village, some 230 km from here.
“A middle-aged woman and her 10-year-old son died on the spot. Her 65-year-old father and 60 year-old mother died in the hospital,” inspector in charge of the local police station Paramananda Sahu told IANS.
The woman’s husband - the house owner - was rescued. He suffered critical injuries.
The wall was an old one and in dilapidated condition, Sahu said.
- Girl killed as railway boundary wall collapses in Odisha - Jul 30, 2012
- Three killed as molasses tank bursts in Odisha - Jan 23, 2012
- Odisha activists press for anganwadi wall collapse probe - Jul 16, 2012
- Five children killed in school wall collapse in Odisha - Jul 09, 2012
- Five hurt as Green Park stadium wall collapses - Oct 22, 2010
- Rajasthan fort's wall collapses - Sep 02, 2011
- Two killed in villagers-police clash in Orissa - Jul 15, 2011
- British woman held for murdering five kids - May 11, 2012
- Two killed, two injured in wall collapses - May 13, 2012
- Four killed in house collapses in Rajasthan - Sep 05, 2011
- Woman, three children die in wall collapse - Sep 10, 2010
- Three killed in two freak accidents in Rajasthan - Apr 15, 2012
- Woman, son die in Lucknow building collapse - Jul 24, 2012
- Cooking gas cylinder blast kills three in Orissa - Jan 19, 2010
- Five of family die in wall collapse - Sep 16, 2010