Former matron of Winfrey’s school cleared of sexual abuse chargesOctober 12th, 2010 - 2:46 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 12 (ANI): The former matron of Oprah Winfrey’s school, who faced 14 charges relating to the sexual and physical abuse of six girls, has been acquitted of the charges.
Virginia Mokgobo faced charges of abusing girls in Winfrey’s school in South Africa.
Winfrey has expressed her disappointment at the verdict but said she was proud of the girls for having the courage to testify, reports the BBC.
The US talk-show host has said she was herself abused as a child and has campaigned against abuse in the US.
Her Leadership Academy near Johannesburg was opened in 2007 at a cost of 40m dollars (25m pounds).
The prosecution said it was not intending to appeal against the verdict. (ANI)
- Winfrey 'disappointed' as ex-matron cleared of sexual abuse charges - Oct 12, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey disappointed over acquittal of a women who was accused of abusing children - Oct 13, 2010
- Newborn's body found in Oprah Winfrey's school - Feb 20, 2011
- Oprah Settles defamation suit outside court - Mar 25, 2010
- Oprah Disappointed At Acquittal of Former School Matron - Oct 12, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey told to defend defamation case - Mar 17, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey plans to be a high school teacher - Jul 07, 2011
- Police investigate death of baby at Oprah Winfrey's South African school - Feb 22, 2011
- Former matron denies child abuse at Oprah Winfrey''s school - Jul 30, 2008
- Defamation Case Against Oprah Winfrey Settled Outside Court - Mar 25, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey settles defamation lawsuit - Mar 24, 2010
- Winfrey not to shut down her girls' school in South Africa - Jul 03, 2009
- Winfrey to teach school students - Jul 07, 2011
- Oprah has a doctorate now! - Jun 27, 2011
- Dead newborn baby found at Oprah Winfrey's South African girls school - Feb 19, 2011