For Anurag, performance more important than looks: Huma QureshiJune 14th, 2012 - 4:46 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 14 (IANS) Model-turned-actress Huma Qureshi, who is gearing up for the release of her debut film “Gangs of Wasseypur”, feels director Anurag Kashyap is different in his approach as he gives importance to performance over looks while selecting actors for his project.
“When I started filming for the movie, one thing I noticed about Anurag is he is a filmmaker who is not obsessed with weight. He is more concerned about whether you can perform with your eye expressions, body language and move the audience,” Huma old IANS.
Huma, who is paired opposite actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui in the film, claims one doesn’t have to be size zero to connect with the audience.
“You don’t have to be size zero to prove yourself. You don’t have to be size zero for audience to connect with you. Ultimately, audience should enjoy the film,” she said.
“If audience can enjoy the film with the way you are, nothing like it. In fact, I am paired with someone who is very tiny. Nawaz is little tiny and he is size zero,” she added.
Though her debut film is yet to hit the silver screens, Huma already has a bag full of movies - she has Vishal Bhardwaj’s “Ek Thi Daayan”, Nikhil Advani’s next untitled film and Kashyap and UTV’s joint production “Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana”.
She reveals till now nobody has offered her a role where she has to shed extra kilos to fit the bill.
“I don’t think it is about gaining or losing weight, if a director wants me to look a particular way for a character then why not. As an actor you have to learn to modify yourself,” Huma said.
“But no one has offered me a bikini role yet. I don’t want to say yes and I don’t want to say no because these things are very subjective. I can answer this question better when I sign such a film,” she added.
- 'Gangs...' male dominant, but with strong women: Huma Qureshi - May 19, 2012
- UTV, Kashyap team up again for comedy - Nov 14, 2011
- Emraan very versatile, professional: Huma Qureshi - May 26, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur - Part 2' - more fast-paced, furious violence (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 09, 2012
- Reema thanks Vidya for her success, making curves trendy - Jul 09, 2012
- Ranbir redefining stardom: Nawazuddin - Aug 08, 2012
- If I make a 'Rowdy Rathore', it'll be a flop: Kashyap - Jun 13, 2012
- 'Luv Shuv...' gets U/A certificate - Sep 17, 2012
- Kunal Kapoor's 'Luv Shuv Tey...' to come out in November (Movie Snippets) - Sep 12, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' premiere gets full house at Cannes (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- Nawazuddin stays away from Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' to release in two parts: Anurag Kashyap - Aug 20, 2011
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- When Manoj Bajpayee was harassed for being different - Jul 09, 2012
- Huma Qureshi in Hollywood cameo - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: actress, anurag kashyap, body language, debut film, ek, expressions, filmmaker, gangs, huma, june 14, losing weight, mumbai, nawaz, nikhil advani, qureshi, siddiqui, silver screens, untitled film, utv, vishal bhardwaj