Fonda calls for more women in showbizDecember 9th, 2011 - 2:17 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Dec 9 (IANS) Veteran actress Jane Fonda has urged Hollywood bosses to offer more behind-the-camera jobs to women in the showbiz industry.
“Until more women wield the power to decide what movies and TV shows get made, Hollywood culture won’t really yield all the fascinating complexities that are the realities of women’s lives. Until then, we’re accepting supporting roles in an industry many of us have devoted our lives to,” contactmusic.com quoted Fonda as saying.
The actress was honoured with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award for her film work and philanthropy at the Hollywood Reporter’s annual Power 100 Women in Entertainment event in Beverly Hills, California.
- Halle Berry bags top leadership honour - Nov 11, 2009
- Halle Berry swears off plastic surgery - Nov 19, 2009
- Lopez really beautiful, say Fonda - May 21, 2012
- Helen Mirren to receive Sherry Award - Nov 17, 2010
- Jane Fonda returns to French cinema - Jul 09, 2010
- Fonda to receive fitness award - Oct 04, 2011
- Jane Fonda to marry fourth time - Nov 25, 2010
- Helen Mirren Blasts Hollywood's Partiality To Male Actors - Dec 08, 2010
- Jane Fonda thought she would die of loneliness - Aug 08, 2011
- Kim to move in with Kanye - Jun 02, 2012
- Rachel Uchitel an unwanted guest at Carousel of Hope Ball - Oct 26, 2010
- 'Desperate Housewives' to end in 2012? - Aug 06, 2011
- Helen Mirren Says Hollywood Worships Men - Dec 10, 2010
- Jane Fonda turns hippie grandmother in new film - Jul 27, 2010
- Jane Fonda hits out at Hollywood's 'cult of perfection' - Feb 02, 2011
Tags: 100 women, beverly hills california, complexities, entertainment event, film work, hollywood, hollywood culture, hollywood reporter, jane fonda, jobs, leadership award, philanthropy, realities, sherry lansing, showbiz, tv shows, veteran actress