Fitness more important than size zero: Gul PanagOctober 5th, 2011 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 5 (IANS) Former beauty queen and actress Gul Panag, who feels Bipasha Basu and Akshay Kumar are Bollywood’s fitness icons, says girls should stop running behind size zero and simply focus on being fit.
“I don’t understand the relationship between size zero and a fit body. Fitness is that if your car breaks down and you can easily walk four to five km without tiring out, or if you can pick a heavy bag without complaining about your back … fitness is not necessarily about being skinny,” Gul told reporters here.
The 32-year-old also gave out some fitness tips.
“People should focus on strength and endurance, and shouldn’t run after size. The girls want to get smaller, the boys want to grow bigger but what’s important in fitness is that you have strength and stamina because there’s no fitness without it,” she added.
While a lot of people rave about Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif’s slim waist, Gul said Bipasha was the fittest among all.
“I think Bipasha is very fit. A lot of people feel being slim is being fit. But there is a big difference between being fit and being slim. Being fit means you should have endurance level and have stamina … and if in Bollywood, there are any two people who are genuinely fit, they are Bipasha Basu and Akshay Kumar,” she said.
- I don't believe in crash diets: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Akshay, Salman to shoot together (Movie Snippets) - Sep 14, 2010
- I became better with every film: Bipasha (Movie Snippets) (With Image) - Aug 26, 2012
- Women superior to men, tweet Bollywood stars - Mar 08, 2011
- Piggy Chops is excited, but scared! (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Dare to bare toned legs with thigh-high slits! - Aug 12, 2012
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
- Uday Chopra keen on Hollywood! (Movie Snippets) - Aug 29, 2011
- Desi sweets on B-Town's mind for Lohri - Jan 13, 2012
- 'Happy Mother's day', tweets Bollywood - May 13, 2012
- I don't blindly follow a fitness routine: Gul Panag (Interview) - Sep 18, 2011
- Aishwarya, Akshay sing and dance with cancer patients - Sep 17, 2010
- Superstars are remembered only when they die: Bipasha Basu (Interview) - Aug 24, 2012
- Spread love, today and always, tweets B-Town - Feb 14, 2012
- For Bipasha, making fitness DVD challenging - May 20, 2012
Tags: actress, akshay kumar, beauty queen, bipasha basu, body fitness, bollywood, endurance level, fit body, fitness tips, girls, gul panag, kareena kapoor, katrina kaif, mumbai, oct 5, relationship, size zero, slim waist, stamina