First northeast film to be screened at CannesApril 28th, 2010 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) “Last of the Tattooed Head Hunters”, a short English film about the Konyak Naga tribe, has become the first movie from northeast India to be screened at the 63rd Cannes International Film Festival, starting May 12.
The 15-minute film has been selected in the short film corner category of the festival. Produced by Indrajit Narayan Dev, it was directed by Vikeyeno Zao, daughter of Zakunei Zao, under the banner Hawksbill Productions.
Vikeyeno, said in a statement that the entry into the Cannes has created a landmark for the people of northeast India and Nagaland in particular. She also pointed out that the film was made to present to the world the tattooed head hunting Konyak tribes before they are gone forever.
“Last of the Tattooed Head Hunters” shows the hunting practices of the Konyak Nagas, their home, customs and traditions which was prevalent till the mid 20th century.
- Soul Survirors: Saving dying tribes of northeast with art - Apr 24, 2011
- Sup with tribals, explore wilderness - northeast beckons (With Images) - May 17, 2011
- Rebel Naga group ousts its chief - Jun 08, 2011
- Northeast celebrates seed sowing festival "Lui-Ngai-Ni" - Mar 01, 2011
- Dimapur Naga Council celebrates Golden Jubilee - Nov 25, 2009
- MBA, the new 'mantra for success' in Nagaland - Feb 21, 2011
- UAE short films to participate in Cannes 2012 - Mar 16, 2012
- Naga tribes celebrate as Dimapur-based Council turns 60 - Dec 10, 2009
- India's no show at 64th Cannes Film Festival - Apr 15, 2011
- Northeast celebrates seed sowing festival "Lui-Ngai-Ni" - Mar 07, 2010
- Italy's Nanni Moretti named Cannes president - Jan 21, 2012
- Jolie's new tattoo is a tribute to Brad Pitt - May 13, 2011
- Chumpo Museum set up to showcase tribal culture of Nagaland - Dec 01, 2010
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' set for world premiere at Cannes - Apr 24, 2012
- Now, 'Gattu' going to Germany - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: 20th century, cannes international film festival, customs and traditions, english film, film corner, hawksbill, head hunters, head hunting, home customs, international film festival, konyak, landmark, minute film, naga tribe, nagaland, narayan, New Delhi, northeast india, short film, tribes