First Harry Potter film scene voted ‘Best Moment in Movie History’April 9th, 2009 - 1:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, April 9 (ANI): A scene from the first Harry Potter film has topped a new poll of ‘The Best Moments in Movie History’.
The scene, from 2001’s ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’, came number one in the poll by the Oreo cookie brand, reports Contactmusic.
It shows the boy wizard discovering platform nine-and-three-quarters at Kings Cross train station in London before setting off for Hogwarts school for the first time.
The list also features Dick Van Dyke’s classic rooftop chimney sweep’s dance in 1964 musical ‘Mary Poppins’. (ANI)
- Mary Poppins named 'Best Family Film of all Time' - Apr 10, 2009
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe Wears a Bra In “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” - Oct 21, 2010
- Actor Dick Van Dyke Rescued by Porpoises! - Nov 10, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- Harry Potter movie studio tour to open in 2012 - Mar 05, 2011
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- E.T is the greatest ever children's film - Mar 20, 2010
- Wizarding World of Harry Potter in US to soon open its doors for 'muggles'! - Mar 26, 2010
- Dan Radcliffe in Facebook campaign - Oct 01, 2010
- World's favourite snack celebrates 100th birthday - Mar 06, 2012
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows –Part I': The End Begins, But Is It Enough? - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Boardwalk Empire' star, teen actors 'added to cast of final 'Potter' movie' - Dec 29, 2010
- 'ET' voted most popular family film ever - Aug 04, 2010
- Watson parties at pole dancing club - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: boy wizard, chimney sweep, cross train, dick van dyke, film scene, harry potter, harry potter film, kings cross, london, mary poppins, new poll, oreo cookie, philosopher, three quarters, train station