FIR against producers of Sanjay Dutt filmSeptember 20th, 2012 - 11:30 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Sep 20 (IANS) A first information report (FIR) was lodged against two producers of Sanjay Dutt-starrer “Sher” for allegedly defrauding a man of Rs.1.58 crore while shooting in this Rajasthan capital in July, police said.
Surendra Kalra, who provided logistics support during the shooting of the movie, alleged that the various cheques provided by the two producers, Dhillan Mehta and Hiren Gandhi for his services were dishonoured, they added.
Sub inspector Dataram who is investigating the case said: “The movie shoot had taken place in Jaipur in May and July. Through various firms, Kalra claims that he provided all the logistic support during the shoot.”
The officer said that payment of Rs.1.58 crore was made through cheques.
He added that both the producers who signed the cheques have been booked under sections of the 420(fraud) and 406 (criminal breach of trust) of the Indian Penal Code.
- Two sisters arrested for defrauding Kolkata bank - Jul 01, 2012
- Delhi Lok Adalats settle 67,047 cheque-bounce cases - Sep 13, 2012
- Fake I-T refunds racket cracked - Apr 16, 2012
- Three held for duping man of Rs.45 lakh - Jul 01, 2011
- We have not cheated anybody: Ajay Devgn - Jun 22, 2012
- Actor Prem Chopra booked for 'fraud' - Jan 05, 2012
- Back on screen soon: Rajnikanth - Jan 27, 2012
- Kanda let off in cheque-bounce case - Aug 27, 2012
- Hyderabad builder arrested for cheating DLF - Jun 23, 2012
- Court tells Azhar to pay Rs.15 lakh cost - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: breach of trust, cheques, criminal breach of trust, crore, dataram, fir, fraud, gandhi, hiren, indian penal code, information report, kalra, logistic support, logistics support, mehta, producers, rs 1, sanjay dutt, sher