Finally, ‘The Dirty Picture’ premieres on TVAugust 7th, 2012 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 7 (IANS) Ekta Kapoor’s “The Dirty Picture”, which was declared inappropriate by the information and broadcasting ministry for primetime TV viewing, is finally set for its small screen premiere on Sony Aug 26.
It will be showcased twice in the day - once at 12 p.m. and then at 8:30 p.m., Sneha Rajani, senior executive vice president and business head, Sony, said on Twitter.
The film will be screened “not post 11 p.m., as reported,” she clarified.
The bold, Vidya Balan-starrer, which narrates the story of a southern sex siren named Silk, was stalled at the last minute from being showcased on TV in April. This, despite 59 cuts in the film to make it suitable for television viewing.
In April, the ministry had written to the channel to withdraw the film from being shown in prime time slot.
However, now officials at Ekta’s Balaji Motion Pictures, are glad the movie will finally see the light of the day on Indian telly.
“We are very elated and happy that finally after receiving accolades and moolah all across the globe, our National award-winning film will make it to TV screens as well for home-viewing audiences to be entertained all across,” Girish Johar, head of acquisition and distribution, Balaji Motion Pictures, told IANS.
“The Dirty Picture” won Vidya her first National award for best actress for her strong and unabashed portrayal of the rise and fall of a screen scorcher. It also features Naseeruddin Shah, Emraan Hashmi and Tusshar Kapoor.
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled despite cuts, Bollywood furious (Second Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Ekta's refusal to promote Shahid film a rumour' - Sep 03, 2011
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled, Tusshar upset - Apr 22, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture' not one day wonder, cash registers ringing - Dec 04, 2011
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi upset (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- 'The Dirty Picture' about rise and fall of 1980s dancing star (Preview) - Nov 29, 2011
- Audiences yet to trust my banner: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 26, 2012
- 'Jannat 2' director cuts liplocks for TV - Apr 24, 2012
- ' 'Dirty Picture' needn't have been banned in Pakistan' - Dec 02, 2011
- As sultry as it gets-Vidya in 'The Dirty Picture' - Aug 26, 2011
- 'Dirty Picture' TV premiere stalled, director Milan Luthria shocked (Lead) - Apr 22, 2012
- We suffer prejudices in Bollywood: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 03, 2012
- ‘Shorr’ Premieres To A Standing Ovation At MIAAC Festival In New York - Nov 15, 2010
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi depressed - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: balaji, best actress, business head, ekta kapoor, emraan hashmi, motion pictures, naseeruddin shah, portrayal, prime time slot, primetime tv, rise and fall, scorcher, senior executive vice president, television viewing, telly, tusshar kapoor, tv screens, tv viewing, vidya balan, viewing audiences