Final Harry Potter to get biggest send-off at Trafalgar SquareMarch 2nd, 2011 - 4:57 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 2 (ANI): The premiere of ‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows’ Part 2 has been relocated to Trafalgar Square, where it is set to become the first red carpet movie event to take place there.
The film franchise and its stars have become so popular that it has been decided London’s Leicester Square, where the previous premiere have been held, it just too small for the opening of the last-ever Potter movie.
Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson will be present at the premiere on July 7, the first event of its kind to be held in Trafalgar Square and one of the biggest film premieres to ever be seen in the capital.
The actors, along with millions of fans and competition winners, will walk the red carpet before making their way to a series of cinemas in Leicester Square to actually watch the film.
Warner Bros said the decision was made to give the franchise the biggest send-off possible.
“We are delighted that our plans for the finale of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place in such a spectacular venue,” the Daily Mail quoted Josh Berger, president and managing director of Warner Bros Pictures UK, as saying.
“We pride ourselves on the creativity of our premieres and the space within Trafalgar Square will lend itself to being a magical experience for both guests and fans,” he said.
Mayor Boris Johnson added: “As befits a great British triumph, I can think of no better venue than the iconic surroundings of Trafalgar Square in which to stage the most spectacular of send-offs for this dramatic finale.” (ANI)
- 'Harry Potter...Deathly Hallows 2' - a shallow end (IANS Film Review) - Jul 15, 2011
- Emma Watson's skimpy black dress wows Potter fans - Nov 12, 2010
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- Harry Potter movie studio tour to open in 2012 - Mar 05, 2011
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
- Harry Potter and the Indian fan - one last magical time (Feature) - Jul 09, 2011
- Harry Potter casts' screen test revealed - Jun 08, 2011
- Harry Potter, Broadway producers battle for Daniel Radcliffe - Mar 02, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- No 3-D format for upcoming Harry Potter film - Oct 09, 2010
- Rupert Grint Goes All Out To Promote Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Sep 22, 2010
- Will The 'Harry Potter' Series Really End With 'Deathly Hallows'? - Nov 17, 2010
- Emma Watson used tape to keep dress in place - Nov 12, 2010
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows earn $330.1 million worldwide during first weekend - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: boris johnson, cinemas in leicester square, competition winners, daily mail, daniel radcliffe, daniel radcliffe rupert grint, daniel radcliffe rupert grint and emma watson, dramatic finale, film franchise, film premieres, harry potter and the deathly hallows, magical experience, radcliffe rupert, red carpet, rupert grint, rupert grint and emma watson, spectacular venue, trafalgar square, trafalgar square london, warner bros