Filmmaking more challenging now: Sonu SoodJune 6th, 2012 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) Sonu Sood, who has been an active part of Hindi and southern language films in his over decade-long career, feels filmmaking has become a greater challenge, given the audience’s awareness of international cinema.
“Audience has grown as they have been exposed to international films. The benchmark for good films has shot to different level,” Sonu told IANS in an interview.
“One has to have great content, direction and narrative to make a good film as anything average is not acceptable. The challenges are more. Though we have some great filmmakers, we have to give our best to survive,” he added.
The actor made his Bollywood debut with “Shaheed-e-Azam Bhagat Singh” in 2002. However, it was his act as Abhishek Bachchan’s brother in Mani Ratnam’s “Yuva” that brought him into notice.
His career had a turbulent ride post “Aashiq Banaya Aapne”, but he returned with a bang with Ashutosh Gowariker’s “Jodhaa Akbar” and did wonders as Chhedi Singh of “Dabangg”.
The actor is now gearing up for the release of his new film “Maximum”, which sees him playing an police officer with Naseeruddin Shah.
Starring Neha Dhupia and Anjana Sukhani, the film is set to be showcased at 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards to be held in Singapore, starting Thursday. He will also take to the stage to perform to the song “Aa ante” with actress Hazel Keech, who has originally performed on the song in the film.
- 'Dabangg' is turning point in my career: Sonu Sood - Oct 05, 2010
- I was to play Salman's role in 'Dabangg': Sonu Sood - Sep 05, 2010
- Aamir overwhelmed with response to 'Dhobi Ghat' (Film Snippets) - Sep 13, 2010
- Abhishek is better: Big B (Movie Snippets) - Sep 16, 2011
- 'Dabangg' has created a new benchmark: Sonu Sood - Sep 13, 2010
- South more disciplined, Bollywood has also moved forward: Sonu Sood - Jun 22, 2012
- Shahid, Priyanka's 'Uff' moment at IIFA Rocks - Jun 09, 2012
- Zoya Akhtar's 'Zindagi Na..' sweeps IIFA technical awards - Jun 09, 2012
- This is the best phase of my life: Sonu Sood - May 29, 2011
- Picking Bollywood dance like brushing teeth: Hazel Keech - Jun 02, 2012
- Sonu Sood banned from doing villain roles until 'Dabangg 2' - Feb 04, 2011
- Sonu Sood back in 'Dabangg 2'? - Jan 07, 2012
- Small films make it to big screen this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 27, 2012
- Length of a role doesn't matter to Naseer - Jun 19, 2012
- Shedding clothes is a public demand: Tanushree Dutta - Jan 02, 2011
Tags: abhishek bachchan, anjana sukhani, ashutosh gowariker, bhagat singh, film academy, good films, indian film, international cinema, international films, interview one, jodhaa akbar, keech, language films, mani ratnam, naseeruddin shah, neha dhupia, shaheed e azam, sonu sood, southern language, yuva