Filmmaker Mani Kaul is Osian’s new festival directorApril 22nd, 2009 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 22 (IANS) Filmmaker Mani Kaul, who has made movies like “Uski Roti” (1970), “Duvidha” (1973), has taken over as the new director general of the Osian’s-Cinefan Film Festival of Asian and Arab Cinema.
Kaul succeeds film historian Aruna Vasudev, who retired after the 10th edition of the fest last year.
“Irrespective of its independent or mainstream origin, we will strive for a dispassionate portrayal of new and bold cinema. Our programme will range from uncompromising experimentation in films, to an archival kind of cross reference between cinemas of the world, to an articulation of an emerging, thinking new stream cinema in India,” Kaul said on the 11th edition of the fest in a statement released here Wednesday.
Kaul has also made critically-acclaimed films “Ashad Ka Ek Din” (1971) and “Idiot” (1992), among others.
The 11th edition of the gala will be held July 17-26 at the Siri Fort Complex in the capital.
- Film festival to pay homage to Mani Kaul - Jul 07, 2011
- Mani Kaul passes away - Jul 06, 2011
- Lack of respect for intellect, creativity pained Mani: Neville Tuli - Jul 06, 2011
- NFDC to bring out home videos of Mani Kaul's films - Jul 19, 2011
- NFDC mourns on Mani Kaul's death - Jul 06, 2011
- 11th Osian film fest to put spotlight on India - Oct 06, 2009
- Osian's Cinefan Film Festival returns in July - Mar 24, 2012
- 11th Osian film fest boasts of changes - Oct 15, 2009
- Cinema festival postponed after Mumbai blasts - Jul 15, 2011
- Osian's film fest back with rare, bold films - Jul 11, 2012
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- 11th Osian's-Cinefan Film Festival all set to kick of in New Delhi - Oct 15, 2009
- Mani Kaul's 'Duvidha', two more Indian movies at Venice fest - Jul 29, 2011
- Osian film fest shifted to October - Jun 11, 2009
- Gulzar gets lifetime award at 11th Osian's - Oct 24, 2009
Tags: arab, articulation, cinema in india, cross reference, festival director, film festival, film historian, filmmaker, films, july 17, kaul, New Delhi, new stream, osian, portrayal, roti, siri, stream cinema, vasudev