Filming of ‘James Bond 23′ Movie Canceled Due To MGM BankruptcyJuly 7th, 2010 - 9:54 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
July 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The newest of the ‘James Bond’ movies, James Bond 23, ‘License To Thrill’, which was to star Daniel Craig as the next James Bond, has come up against a wall which even 007 cannot climb. The financial downfall of Metro Goldwin Mayer has caused the filming of the new movie to halt, indefinitely.
The movie’s producers, Michale Wilson and Barbara Broccoli confirmed reports that the movie production had come to a halt because the future of MGM was unknown. But the new Bond does not seem to be letting it get him down. “I have every confidence in Barbara and Michael’s decision and look forward to production resuming as quickly as possible.” stated Daniel Craig.
In a statement which was released by the producers of EON Productions, Wilson and Broccoli announced, “Due to the continuing uncertainty surrounding the future of MGM and the failure to close a sale of the studio, we have suspended development on Bond 23 indefinitely.We do not know when development will resume and cannot comment further at this stage.” The expected release date of the movie was in 2011 or 2012, but the ‘Daily Mirror’ now says that it could be many years.
MGM is said to be actively searching for a buyer to help them finance new film projects, but until they do, many projects may have to either be shelved or postponed. Reports say that the movie ‘The Hobbit’ is still underway, despite the cancellation of Bond 23.
- New Bond movie filming cancelled indefinitely - Apr 20, 2010
- 'Bond 23' suspended indefinitely! - Apr 21, 2010
- New Bond Movie Likely To Start With Daniel Craig - Aug 13, 2010
- Craig to return to screens as James Bond with MGM close to sealing deal - Aug 13, 2010
- James Bond Movie Cancelled Owing To Production Issues - Jul 07, 2010
- Next James Bond film on hold indefinitely - Apr 23, 2010
- Production of 'James Bond' movie suspended 'indefinitely' - Apr 21, 2010
- Latest James Bond film back on track? - Sep 17, 2010
- Sam Worthington as new James Bond? - Apr 22, 2010
- 'Bond 23' Finally Makes Its Presence Felt - Jan 12, 2011
- Ben Whishaw to play Q in next Bond film - Jul 14, 2012
- James Bond returns? - Sep 18, 2010
- Oct 5 to be celebrated as Global James Bond Day (With Image) - Aug 30, 2012
- New 'James Bond' movie named 'Skyfall' - Nov 03, 2011
- New James Bond film to release next year - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: bankruptcy, barbara broccoli, cancellation, daily mirror, daniel craig, downfall, eon productions, film projects, hobbit, james bond movies, license to thrill, metro goldwin mayer, mgm, michale, new bond, new film, next james bond, producers, release date, uncertainty