Filmfare awards to be held in February last weekFebruary 7th, 2009 - 3:29 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Feb 7 (ANI): The 54th edition of the Filmfare awards ceremony will take place in Mumbai on February 28.
Tarun Rai, chief executive officer of the Worldwide Media Private Limited, announced the date in the presence of Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone here last evening.
Padukone, who had performed during last year’’s awards ceremony, said she loved to be part of the show.
“It feels great to be a part of the event because for me Filmfare is extremely special. My association with Filmfare actually started many years ago when as a child I used to look forward to the once a year award function that used to happen. Last year when I won two debut awards for my film ”Om Shanti Om”, it made it even more special,” said Padukone.
“I would love to perform in Filmfare. This year if they ask me to perform, I would love to do that. If not I would love to attend it. It is always good to be a part of anything that Filmfare has to offer,” she added.
Deepika said her upcoming film ”Love Aaj Kal” looked at the theme of love in a modern context.
“It’’s basically a character of a girl of today. I think the way Imtiaz Ali has portrayed the relationship in this film is the way a lot of youngsters in today’’s age deal with relationships. I think a lot of us will relate to it. She is a modern girl, yet at the same time traditional in her thought and deals with relationships practically and finally follows her heart,” said Padukone.
Introduced in 1954, the Filmfare awards is one of the oldest and most popular film awards in the country. (ANI)
- 'Cocktail' has promoted itself: producer - Jul 11, 2012
- Deepika says her Veronica different from Meera - May 23, 2012
- It was challenging to shift roles: Deepika Padukone - Oct 19, 2010
- Who says models can't act? - Aug 08, 2011
- Deepika, Saif team up again for 'Cocktail' - May 17, 2011
- Saif still perfect for love stories: Deepika - Jul 10, 2012
- 'Cocktail': Tale of ennui told well, sparkling performances by cast (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jul 14, 2012
- I'll not stop for anything or anybody: Deepika Padukone (Interview) - Aug 21, 2010
- Saif, Deepika to sizzle again in Adajania's next (Film snippets) - Dec 14, 2010
- Deepika, Priyadarshan bury the hatchet - Jan 12, 2012
- My dream role is Kajol's part in DDLJ: Deepika Padukone - Dec 05, 2010
- Deepika keen on women centric films - Jul 11, 2012
- I don't identify with my 'Break Ke Baad' character: Deepika Padukone (Interview) - Nov 26, 2010
- Review 2 : Break Ke Baad (2010) - Nov 29, 2010
- We want Deepika, Imran to become youth icons: Kunal Kohli - Mar 25, 2010
Tags: ali, awards ceremony, chief executive officer, debut, deepika padukone, film awards, filmfare awards, girl of today, heart, modern girl, om, presence, private limited, relationship, relationships, upcoming film, worldwide media, youngsters