Film star Rajnikanth’s daughter ties nuptial knot in ChennaiSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 10:19 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Sep 3 (ANI): South Indian film star Rajnikanth’s daughter Soundarya tied the nuptial knot with entrepreneur Ashwin Kumar at a high-profile ceremony in Tamil Nadu’s Chennai city on Friday.
The wedding rituals were performed as per the ‘Tamil Brahmin tradition’.
Rajinikanth was clad in a white shirt and a traditional dhoti, with a yellow turban tied around his head.
The bride, Soundarya, was first dressed in a green silk sari and later changed into a traditional red nine-yards sari.
Many noted actors from south Indian and Bollywood films attended the wedding.
“I have to say this is our family marriage and I am very happy about it, and I am here because of my friend Rajinikanth,” said renowned actor Kamal Hasan.
“Being the big brother of our industry, Rajinikanth, the superstar, he has invited us. Being a part of our family, my whole family has come here. I wish Soundarya, Ashwin and Rajinikanth’s family all the best in the years to come,” said another actor Prabhu.
Many politicians including Union Home Minister P Chidambaram also also attended the wedding.
“I am extremely happy to attend this marriage. My friend Rajinikanth came all along my house and invited me. I came with my family members and every aspect of our traditional culture has been followed, and there is no hesitation,” said Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L. Ganesan.
“The blending of the Maharashtrian tradition and the Tamil tradition was exhibited in a nice way and I am extremely happy,” he added.
Soundarya had got engaged to Ashwin in February 2010. (ANI)
- Rajnikanth's daughter Soundarya marries industrialist - Sep 03, 2010
- Jackie makes cameo appearance in Rajini film - Feb 03, 2012
- Daughter to helm Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiyaan' - Nov 25, 2011
- Rajinikanth leaves Singapore hospital, calls Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Rajinikanth's daughter ties knot with Stanford graduate in Chennai - Sep 03, 2010
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot - Jun 29, 2012
- Esha Deol, Bharat Takhtani tie the knot (Lead) - Jun 29, 2012
- Kabilan And Ramya Enter Wedlock - Sep 07, 2010
- Rajinikanth discharged from Singapore hospital - Jun 15, 2011
- Rajinikanth's Daughter Soundarya Ties The Knot At Lavish Wedding - Sep 04, 2010
- Rajnikanth is taken ill, hospitalised - Apr 29, 2011
- Rajini sir has blessed 'RA.One': SRK - Oct 03, 2011
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for prayers - Jun 18, 2011
- South India heralds New Year, north ushers Navratri (Roundup) - Apr 04, 2011
- Rajnikanth falls ill, briefly hospitalised (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
Tags: big brother, bollywood films, chennai city, dhoti, family marriage, hesitation, indian film star, kamal hasan, nine yards, nuptial knot, rajinikanth, rajnikanth, renowned actor, silk sari, south indian film, tamil nadu, traditional culture, union home minister, wedding rituals, yellow turban