Film star Mammootty turns producer, distributorJune 14th, 2009 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, June 14 (IANS) Malayalam film superstar Mammootty Sunday geared up for a new role - that of a producer and distributor - with the inauguration of his production company named Play House.
The ribbon cutting ceremony of new company was done here by popular film personalities Siddique and Lal.
“The name of the company itself means theatre and hence it would be for both film and drama. Opportunities would be there for new faces in film and drama,” Mammootty told reporters.
The actor has been one of the leading stars of the Malayalam film industry for the past 26 years and has put on the grease-paint in more than 300 films besides picking up three national awards for acting.
The company has lined up three films for distribution and one for production in which Mammootty will play the lead, the actor informed.
The first film to be distributed is Jayaram-starrer “Kana Kanmani” directed by Akku Akbar and the others films by award winning director Shyamaprasad and Lal Jose.
- Kaana Kanmani slated to release on September 2 - Aug 22, 2009
- Playhouse all set for its first release - Aug 03, 2009
- 'Adaminte Makan Abu' wins top honours at Kerala state awards - May 22, 2011
- Mammootty, Mohanlal bag Asianet film awards yet again - Jan 01, 2011
- 'Kerala Cafe' to have world premiere at Abu Dhabi film fest - Oct 07, 2009
- Nayantara In Mammootty Starrer Mathilukal Sequel - Jul 24, 2010
- Mammootty's Doubles' To Start Shooting This November - Sep 18, 2010
- Insight to Ganapathi - Jan 20, 2010
- Makeup Man Release Date Gets Postponed - Aug 07, 2010
- Mammootty Wins Jai Hind TV's Best Actor Award - Aug 09, 2010
- Malayalam filmdom failed to script succes (2011 In Retrospect) - Dec 21, 2011
- Follow the parent - star kids shine in Malayalam cinema - Aug 27, 2011
- Mukesh To Turn Communist With Priyappetta Nattukare - Sep 30, 2010
- Mammootty Balances Between Work And Religion - Aug 28, 2010
- Acting is easy, direction most satisfying: Filmmaker Lal - Jun 27, 2009