Film on Vogue magazine premieres at Sundance festJanuary 18th, 2009 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 18 (IANS) A new movie, which takes a behind-the-scenes look at the Vogue magazine, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in US Jan 17.Directed by R.J. Cutler and titled “Vogue Documentary: The September Issue”, it chronicles eight months inside the fashion bible’s offices, and has the blessing of the publication’s editor Anna Wintour, reports contactmusic.com.
Cutler was given unlimited access to Wintour and her editorial and fashion team. He created the film from 300 hours of footage, and admits he’s delighted Wintour liked the finished result.
“I’m thrilled she’s supporting the film, which is a reflection of how she feels about it.”
The documentary also features rare glimpses into Wintour’s personal life and guest appearances from top designers Karl Lagerfeld and Oscar de la Renta.
- 'Gossip Girl' star Blake Lively is the new face of Chanel handbags - Jan 06, 2011
- Vogue's boss calls Naomi Campbell 'a joy to work with' - Sep 10, 2010
- Docu on Italian designer Valentino longlisted for next year's Oscar - Nov 20, 2009
- Morley Safer interviewed the legendary Vogue editor Anna Wintour - May 31, 2010
- Pregnant Posh will not pose nude for US Vogue - Feb 10, 2011
- Anna Wintour Upfront On '60 Minutes' With Morley Safer - May 31, 2010
- Anna Wintour Made To Dance By Diddy - May 06, 2010
- Karlie Kloss graces the cover of Vogue Italia issue - Dec 02, 2011
- Knightley awed by Lagerfeld - Aug 01, 2012
- Chivalrous Federer helps Vogue editor avoid Miami paparazzi - Apr 06, 2011
- Miranda Kerr flaunts her post-baby body at Paris Fashion Week - Mar 04, 2011
- Hollywood stars attend Alexander McQueen's memorial service - Sep 21, 2010
- Anna Wintour and Diddy Rejoice At The 2010 MET Gala - May 06, 2010
- Lagerfeld turned designer by accident - Aug 06, 2012
- Posh upset over missing out on Vogue cover - Sep 07, 2009
Tags: anna wintour, contactmusic, cutler, designers, documentary, eight months, fashion bible, fashion team, finished result, guest appearances, karl lagerfeld, london jan, oscar de la renta, personal life, premieres, rare glimpses, reflection, september issue, sundance film festival, vogue magazine