Film makers display their cinematic talent at South Asian film festivalNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:55 am ICT by admin
“It is fantastic opportunity for us to showcase, take feedback from our fellow South Asians, talk to other film makers from bigger industries from South Asia,” Dahel said.
Another unnamed producer said, “We feel international film festival is the right platform to introduce different kind of films and the technology which is quite good.”
Pakistan is the focus country of this year’s festival. It is being represented by prominent film-makers and personalities like Zeba Bakhtiar, Reema Khan and Veena Malik among others.
The Indian film industry is being represented by actors Manisha Koirala, Govinda, directors Shyam Benegal, Madhur Bhandarkar, Sudhir Mishra, Vishal Bhardwaj, Rekha Bhardwaj, Pankuj Parashar and others.
Organised by the South Asia Foundation, the seven-day festival will screen 45 feature films, documentaries and short films from seven of the eight member nations of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC), excluding Maldives.
The South Asia Foundation is a voluntary organisation working with an aim to foster cooperation and understanding among the people of South Asia.
The event saw the world premiere of the Nepali film “Kagbeni” by Bhushan Dahal on Friday.
The festival will conclude on October 30. (ANI)
- South Asian Film fest kicks off June 26 in Goa - Jun 14, 2009
- Washington hosts first South Asian film festival - Jun 04, 2012
- First South Asian film fest concludes in Washington (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- 6th South Asian Film Festival to begin Sep 15 - Sep 03, 2011
- South Asian initiative seeks to break fresh ground - Dec 06, 2011
- First South Asian film festival in Washington next month - May 08, 2012
- 'Pakistan looks to Bollywood to revive ailing film industry' - Sep 18, 2010
- Shammi Kapoor to be honoured at South Asia Film Festival - Aug 18, 2011
- Shyam Benegal To Be Felicitated At The Third Eye Asian Film Festival - Oct 07, 2010
- Thrilled Kathmandu now awaits Satyajit Ray - Feb 16, 2011
- Pakistan's 'parachute politician' main draw at film fest - Sep 15, 2010
- Theatre fest from South Asia on Women's Day (With Image) - Mar 03, 2010
- 'India is Pakistan's big brother when it comes to films' - Sep 18, 2010
- 'Economic connectivity precondition for South Asia political stability' - Jul 13, 2012
- Emirates Korean Film Festival begins - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: aim, asia foundation, asian film festival, film makers, focus country, foster cooperation, indian film industry, madhur bhandarkar, maldives, manisha koirala, reema khan, rekha bhardwaj, saarc, shyam benegal, South Asia, south asian film, veena malik, zeba bakhtiar