Film industry defers strike threatDecember 29th, 2010 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 29 (IANS) The Film Federation of India Wednesday indefinitely deferred its Jan 6 strike against the proposed amendment to the Copyright Act that mandates producers sharing 50 percent of music royalties with lyricists and composers.Various sections of the industry threatened a day-long strike Jan 6 to express their disagreement with the proposed Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2010.
“The government has asked us to sit across the table and speak to the lyricists and the composers and come to a solution which is fair and practical and without jeopardising the interests of both the parties,” producer Mukesh Bhatt told reporters here.
“The government said they will not implement anything without listening to both parties. They said they are committed to the principle of justice. This is a very positive thing that has happened and we have now decided to postpone the bandh (strike) till an undecided date,” he added.
- Bollywood producers hope to amicably resolve copyright issue (Lead) - Dec 29, 2010
- Amended Copyright Act blessing for artists: Vishal Bhardwaj - Feb 15, 2011
- Highlights of The Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2010 (To go with 'Changes to copyright act pit musicians against producers') - Feb 21, 2011
- Changes to copyright act pit musicians against producers - Feb 21, 2011
- Highlights of the Copyright (Amendment) Bill, 2010 (To go with Music creators welcome copyright amendment, industry unhappy) - May 22, 2012
- Music creators welcome copyright amendment, industry unhappy - May 22, 2012
- Music industry hails new copyright law - May 23, 2012
- Parliament passes copyright amendment bill - May 22, 2012
- Javed Akhtar takes copyright issue to global platform - Jun 17, 2011
- Parliament gives nod to strengthened copyright law (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Artistes hail government's decision to amend copyright law - Dec 30, 2009
- Stop creating confusion over copyright issue: Shabana (Movie Snippets) - May 19, 2012
- Aamir Khan resigns from Copyright Act committee - Feb 17, 2010
- Royalty issue: Composers displeased with verdict - Aug 02, 2011
- Lyricist Javed Akhtar In Demand of Royalty, Favoring Copyright Ammendment Bill - Dec 27, 2010