Film festival to pay homage to Mani KaulJuly 7th, 2011 - 4:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) Taj Enlighten Film Society’s Naya Cinema Festival has decided to pay tribute to late filmmaker Mani Kaul by screening two of his movies - “Uski Roti” and “Duvidha”.
Kaul died Wednesday morning at his residence here, following prolonged illness. He was 66. The event will be held in Mumbai from July 15-31 and Kaul’s film will be screened July 29.
“The whole idea of the festival is to showcase first and second works by pathbreaking directors. Mani Kaul’s films were a major part of that list, but now those two screenings will pay homage to his genius,” Pranav Ashar, president of the Taj Enlighten Film Society, said in a press statement.
Post the film screenings, some of Kaul’s associates from the industry will pay tribute to his works in a discussion.
Kaul won the Filmfare Critics Award for best movie for four films - “Uski Roti”, “Ashad Ka Ek Din”, “Duvidha” and “Idiot”.
In 1989, he won a national award for his documentary “Siddheshwari”.
- Cinema festival postponed after Mumbai blasts - Jul 15, 2011
- Mani Kaul passes away - Jul 06, 2011
- NFDC to bring out home videos of Mani Kaul's films - Jul 19, 2011
- 'Dil Chahta Hai' screening to mark Farhan's 10 years in Bollywood - Jun 28, 2011
- Lack of respect for intellect, creativity pained Mani: Neville Tuli - Jul 06, 2011
- NFDC mourns on Mani Kaul's death - Jul 06, 2011
- Mumbai to host Tagore film festival - May 07, 2011
- Mani Kaul's 'Duvidha', two more Indian movies at Venice fest - Jul 29, 2011
- Mumbai to host first European film festival - May 30, 2011
- Satyajit Ray fest to mark 89th birth anniversary - May 01, 2010
- Mumbai set to host first animation film fest - Feb 03, 2011
- Filmmaker Mani Kaul is Osian's new festival director - Apr 22, 2009
- Gulshan Grover named best actor at Houston fest - Sep 26, 2011
- Gulzar to get lifetime award at Mumbai film fest - Sep 20, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan receives Taj Enlighten Tareef Award - Feb 28, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,