Film critic calls for boycott of films with explicit sex scenes of young girlsSeptember 20th, 2008 - 5:11 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 20 (ANI): Movieguide founder Ted Baehr has joined the ranks of protestors fighting against two movies featuring sexually explicit scenes involving two young girls.
Baehr along with other protestors called for a box office boycott of the films “Hounddog”, starring 14-year-old Dakota Fanning and “Towelhead, starring 18-year-old Summer Bishil.
In “Hounddog”, Fanning was depicted as a pre-teen girl who was raped, and the movie drew controversy when it appeared at the Sundance Film Festival last year.
In “Towelhead” Bishil was portrayed as a 13-year-old girl who experiences her sexual awakening on screen.
The two movies are said to be inappropriate, as they are not only damaging to the child actresses filming the explicit scenes, but to the public as well.
“This is abhorrent and abusive,” Fox News quoted Baehr, who is also the chairman of the Christian Film & Television Commission, as saying.
“We are calling on people to avoid these movies, to tell other people not to see it.
“There are two sides of it. The side of actual abuse to the actress and promoting or condoning these activities, he said.
Family and women’’s groups have been especially active in North Carolina, where the controversial child-rape scene in “Hounddog” was filmed.
Baehr said “Hounddog” received nearly 400,000 dollars in tax credits funded by state citizens.
“In this economic condition I don”t think most taxpayers want their taxes misused to provide for paedophilia,” Baehr stated.
“It’’s also a problem for people susceptible to sex and violence. You don”t want to give them the scripts to that behaviour,” he added.
Baehr joined the “No More Child Porn” campaign, run by Donna Miller, the Fayetteville, N.C., chapter leader of Concerned Women for America. (ANI)
- Argentina bans Japanese rape video game - Apr 21, 2010
- Sexual grooming of white girls an Asian problem: Official - Jun 08, 2012
- Convicted Russian paedophile monk faces fresh charges - May 26, 2011
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- Sri Lanka records over 7,000 child abuse complaints - Nov 06, 2011
- 'Fuelled by Viagra' Gaddafi forces using rape as weapon against rebel children, women - Apr 26, 2011
- Ekta Kapoor again unhappy with censors - Jul 22, 2012
- Sri Lanka records rise in rapes of children - Jul 05, 2012
- Kristen Stewart to play transgender? - Feb 04, 2011
- Popular music promotes sexual aggression - Sep 07, 2011
- Man rapes daughter, sells her for $365 - Dec 12, 2011
- Man jailed for vandalising Facebook pages - Mar 25, 2011
- Youth arrested for raping, beating teen domestic help - Apr 12, 2012
- Anurag's New Film Faces Online Leakage - Aug 09, 2010
- Pakistani gang jailed for raping 50 white British girls - May 09, 2012
Tags: chapter leader, child actresses, child rape, christian film, concerned women for america, dakota fanning, donna miller, economic condition, explicit scenes, explicit sex scenes, fox news, rape scene, sex and violence, sexual awakening, state citizens, summer bishil, sundance film festival, ted baehr, television commission, towelhead