‘Ferrari…’ races with ‘Chakradhaar’, ‘Qasam Se Qasam Se’ (IANS Preview)June 11th, 2012 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) After breaking all opening box office records with his movie “3 Idiots”, filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s next offering “Ferrari Ki Sawaari” is ready to hit theatres Friday. Also releasing with it are projects like “Chakradhaar” and “Qasam Se Qasam Se”.
First time director Rajesh Mapuskar has wielded the megaphone for “Ferrari Ki Sawaari”, co-written by Mapuskar and Chopra.
The film’s star cast includes Sharman Joshi, Boman Irani and child artist Ritvik Sahore. With no lead actress, the film marks Sharman’s first solo-hero project.
It narrates the tale of a little boy who thinks of nothing but cricket — and his father thinks about nothing but his son.
To fulfill his son’s dream of playing at Lord’s cricket ground, the honest and upright Rusy (Sharman) performs the first small act of dishonesty in his life. He borrows a gleaming red Ferrari for an hour. The only trouble is that he doesn’t inform its legendary owner.
Their Ferrari ride leads through a chaotic world of street-thugs and mass-weddings. Meanwhile, another saga unfolds - a grumpy old man and his secret wounds, and an epic rivalry that goes back 50 years.
The major highlights of the film are its shooting at Lord’s Cricket Ground in London, actress Vidya Balan’s item number “Mala jao dya na ghari” and the red Ferrari, which is owned by cricket star Sachin Tendulkar in reality.
Made at a budget of about Rs.20 crore, the film has been shot on location, on busy roads and amidst live audience.
Other films releasing alongside “Ferrari Ki…” are “Chakradhaar” and “Qasam Se Qasam Se”.
Produced by Bharat Anand and directed by Shakur Sir and Dharamprakash, the story of “Chakradhaar” revolves around the character of a simple righteous boy of Benaras, Shravan, and his transition to a local powerful goon, Pandit.
The movie launches debutant Abhishek Anand in the lead role as Shravan and Pandit.
It also features Urvashi Sharma, Vidya Malvade, Akhilendra Mishra, Govind Namdev, Darshan Jariwala and Yashpal Sharma.
The other film “Qasam Se Qasam Se” launches newcomer Azim, and promises a lot of action sequences.
Extreme Martial Arts (XMA) has been extensively used in the scenes of the film, which also features Faith Wladyka, Rakhi Sawant and actor Satish Kaushik.
Rakhi also has an item song in the film.
With last week’s release “Shanghai” getting a mixed response at the box office, and “Rowdy Rathore” continuing its successful run, it will be interesting to see if these movies will bring something fresh.
- Sharman's 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' makes profit - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Ferrari..' has its moments of fine sawaari (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Jun 16, 2012
- Prem Chopra to throw party for son-in-law Sharman - Jun 19, 2012
- Aamir hopes 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' beats '3 Idiots' success - Jun 15, 2012
- 'Ferrari Ki..' was a joyride: Rajesh Mapuskar - May 28, 2012
- 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' to release April 27, 2012 - Sep 25, 2011
- Mumbai University becomes movie set after 18 years - Jul 13, 2011
- I want to do Marathi films, says Vidya Balan - May 25, 2012
- Believe in good story, not stars: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - May 08, 2012
- Hope 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' gets positive response: Sharman - May 08, 2012
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra apologises for delays in his films - May 09, 2012
- Sharman humbled by praise, success - Jun 18, 2012
- Successful directors don't need me: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Jun 10, 2012
- Esha Deol looks forward to honeymoon (Movie Snippets) - May 24, 2012
- Want to be part of at least 10 great films: Sharman Joshi (Interview) - Jun 09, 2012
Tags: anand, boman irani, chaotic world, child artist, dishonesty, dya, first time director, goon, grumpy old man, hero project, lead role, megaphone, red ferrari, sachin tendulkar, sharman joshi, shravan, street thugs, urvashi sharma, vidya balan, vinod chopra