‘Ferrari Ki..’ was a joyride: Rajesh MapuskarMay 28th, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
Monday, May 28 (IANS) Director Rajesh Mapuskar, who wielded the megaphone for the first time for “Ferrari Ki Sawaari”, describes his directorial debut as a joyride with a great cast and crew.
“I never dreamt of making a film. I love music and art and this (film) is the amalgamation of it,” Mapuskar told IANS.
“It was a fun, joyride. There was no pressure from anyone. It was all from me. It was my first film so obviously you will have butterflies in the stomach. I was worried as to how I will do it but I had a great team to support me. All the worries just vanished when we started shooting,” he added.
Produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, “Ferrari Ki Sawaari” is Sharman Joshi’s first solo hero film.
“It was great to work with an actor like Sharman. He is a professional and natural actor. He really understands what a maker is trying to convey through the scene and the movie,” said Mapuskar who worked in “3 Idiots” as an assistant director.
“He is sharp, fast and he is a great actor. He has been brought up very well. All this shows in his performance. He comes from a very cultured, good family,” he added.
Releasing June 15, the film is written by Chopra who has centred the story on a father-son and how a Ferrari brings ups and downs in their lives in a funny manner.
- Sharman humbled by praise, success - Jun 18, 2012
- 'Ferrari...' races with 'Chakradhaar', 'Qasam Se Qasam Se' (IANS Preview) - Jun 11, 2012
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra apologises for delays in his films - May 09, 2012
- 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' to release April 27, 2012 - Sep 25, 2011
- For 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari', Sharman adds weight, has pointed nose - Jun 07, 2012
- Hope 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' gets positive response: Sharman - May 08, 2012
- Successful directors don't need me: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - Jun 10, 2012
- Aamir hopes 'Ferrari Ki Sawaari' beats '3 Idiots' success - Jun 15, 2012
- Want to be part of at least 10 great films: Sharman Joshi (Interview) - Jun 09, 2012
- Believe in good story, not stars: Vidhu Vinod Chopra - May 08, 2012
- 'Ferrari...' reminds Sanjay Dutt of his dad - Jun 12, 2012
- Sharman's 'Ferrari Ki Sawari' makes profit - Jun 18, 2012
- Sharman, Hirani to give lecture in Mumbai University - Jul 21, 2011
- Prem Chopra to throw party for son-in-law Sharman - Jun 19, 2012
- It's been a lonely journey, connections don't help: Sharman Joshi (Interview) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: amalgamation, assistant director, butterflies, cast and crew, directorial debut, ferrari, great actor, hero film, joyride, ki, megaphone, music, sharman joshi, stomach, ups, ups and downs, vinod chopra, worries