Feroz, Bollywood’s original Khan, is dead (Second Lead)April 27th, 2009 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 27 (IANS) Actor-filmmaker Feroz Khan, known as Bollwyood’s all time style icon, died at his farmhouse here after a year-long battle with cancer. He was 69.
Feroz Khan, who died late Sunday, was buried at the Johnson Market burial ground at 5.00 p.m. Monday. A procession was taken from the farmhouse to the burial ground.
His brother Sanjay Khan had told reporters earlier that Feroz Khan wanted to spend his last days in Bangalore, his birthplace that had a special place in his heart.
He is survived by son, actor Fardeen Khan, and daughter Laila. Fardeen Khan is married to Natasha Madhwani, daughter of yesteryear actress Mumtaz who had played lead roles in many of Feroz’s films.
The flamboyant actor, who was born in Bangalore on Sep 25, 1939, died at his farmhouse on Tumkur Road here. His son Fardeen, Laila and brother Sanjay were at his bedside at the time of his death, said family sources.
Feroz Khan, who was last seen in the 2007 comedy “Welcome”, had divorced his wife Sundari 24 years ago.
The filmmaker had been battling cancer for the past one year and was under treatment in Mumbai’s Breach Candy Hospital. Family sources said his death was not ‘unexpected’ as his health had been failing.
His niece Sussanne along with her actor husband Hrithik Roshan and actor-director Sajid Khan had arrived from Mumbai to pay their last respects to the actor, family sources said.
The actor did his schooling in Bangalore after which he went to Mumbai to pursue a career in Bollywood. He acted in popular films like “Arzoo”, “Aurat” and “Safar” as well as played important roles in his own directorial ventures “Qurbani” and “Dharmatma”.
Feroz Khan, known as the ‘Clint Eastwood of the East’, won a Filmfare award for best supporting role in “Aadmi Aur Insaan” in 1970 and was honoured with the lifetime achievement award in 2000.
- Bollywood's style icon Feroz Khan is dead (Lead) - Apr 27, 2009
- Feroz Khan - Bollywood's all time style icon (Obituary) - Apr 27, 2009
- Interesting Facts and Figures: Feroz Khan - Apr 27, 2009
- Actor Feroz Khan passes away - Apr 27, 2009
- Bollywood actor Feroz Khan dies - Apr 27, 2009
- Interesting Facts and Figures Fardeen Khan - May 02, 2009
- Fardeen relieved and grateful at court verdict - Oct 07, 2011
- 'Fardeen Khan has taken his father's death very badly' - May 01, 2009
- Fardeen fulfills dad's wish - Apr 28, 2009
- THE SWASHBUCKLING HERO IS NO MORE - Apr 27, 2009
- Feroz Khan loses battle against cancer - Apr 27, 2009
- Court declines to stay release of 'Chalo Dilli' - Apr 27, 2011
- Feroz Khan's last wish was to remake 'Qurbani' - Apr 27, 2009
- Big B remembers 'flamboyant' Feroz Khan - Apr 28, 2009
- Bollywood comes together to pay tribute to Feroz Khan - May 05, 2009
Tags: actress mumtaz, aurat, breach candy hospital, burial ground, clint eastwood, family sources, fardeen khan, farmhouse, feroz khan, filmfare award, hrithik roshan, insaan, last respects, lifetime achievement award, qurbani, safar, sajid khan, sanjay khan, style icon, time style