Fergies war of words with ScolariJuly 23rd, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 23 (ANI): Manchester United Alex Ferguson has fired his first salvo against Chelseas Luiz Felipe Scolari by saying that he will find it impossible to improve on Jose Mourinhos two titles for Chelsea.
He also said that the Chelsea squad is too old to take another step up.
Im not concerned about Chelsea. Mourinho won the title two years in a row and beat us in the FA Cup final. Avram Grant did a good job, but no one can improve on Mourinhos record, The Daily Express quoted Ferguson, as saying.
Scolari got under Fergusons skin last season when he was accused of over-using Cristiano Ronaldo in friendly matches for Portugal. Scolari hit back by wading into the Ronaldo transfer saga.
Scolari is fortunate. He is joining a big club and he is joining a team of internationals, said Ferguson.
But its hard to see where theres going to be a big improvement with a team thats really very experienced. Maybe theyve plateaued, he added.
Ferguson has seen off many managerial rivals in his 22 years at Old Trafford, including Mourinho.
His clashes with Scolari are sure to be a feature of this season the first one comes at Stamford Bridge in September and for now, Ferguson remains dismissive. (ANI)
- Ronaldo urges Mourinho not to leave Real Madrid - Apr 16, 2011
- Man U lack 'Cristiano Ronaldo' factor: Ferguson - Apr 29, 2011
- Ferguson backs Man U's 'collective unit' to overcome 'Ronaldo' factor - Apr 30, 2011
- Matches against Arsenal, Chelsea key to winning back Premier League: Ferguson - Dec 03, 2010
- Real Madrid manager Mourinho planning swoop for Terry - Apr 27, 2011
- Ferguson at risk of another FA rap over referee 'conspiracy' comment - May 02, 2011
- Next three weeks crucial for Manchester United's bid for a second Treble - Feb 23, 2011
- Ferguson set for trial by TV over referee rant - Mar 03, 2011
- Ancelotti is new Chelsea coach - Jun 01, 2009
- Mourinho commits future to Madrid after Champions League failure - Apr 26, 2012
- Terry tips Luiz to be future Chelsea captain - May 01, 2011
- Chelsea to meet Uefa's 2013 'solvency eligibility' rules despite 70.9 million pounds loss - Feb 01, 2011
- Palmeiras deny talk of Scolari exit - May 22, 2012
- Fergie takes dig at Chelsea's easy start to Premier League season - Sep 24, 2010
- Mourinho may return to UK Premier League in 2012 - Mar 12, 2011
Tags: 22 years, alex ferguson, avram grant, chelsea, chelseas, clashes, daily express, fa cup final, good job, london, luiz felipe scolari, manchester united, mourinho, old trafford, portugal, rivals, ronaldo, saga, stamford bridge, war of words