Fergie Defends Christina Aguilera’s National Anthem GaffeFebruary 8th, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Feb 9, (THAINDIAN NEWS) After mangling the words of national anthem, Christina Aguilera has become the center of controversies. The media outlets and all the critics have put the singer under scanner for flubbing few lines of “The Star-Spangled Banner”. While singing the song in front of millions of audience, Christina Aguilera sang, “What so proudly we watched at the twilight’s last gleaming” instead of “O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming”. Though the singer apologized to the media for her mistake yet she is subjected to never ending criticisms. On the other hand, The Black Eyed Peas singer Fergie, who along with her band rocked the half time show stood by the “Burlesque” actress and defended her gaffe.
While speaking about Christina Aguilera;s incident Fergie told a reputed media outlet that Super Bowl XLV was a grand event and Cowboys Stadium is s huge venue. The “”Hey Mama” singer said that in such a big venue the performers might lose their nerves out of tension. Fergie said that she completely understands what Christina Aguilera must have gone through. The Black Eyed Peas singer also praised Christina Aguilera by saying that she is one of the best singers of modern time and nobody can take away her recognition away from her. Fergie insisted on the fact that mistakes are a part of life and “to err is human” and “We’re human”.
Fergie even spoke about her Super Bowl half-time show. The stunning singer said that there were some deficiencies in her own performance as well. The “I Gotta Feeling” singer said that at one point of time she felt that her notes were “pitchy”. However, the singer said that the whole experience of singing in Super Bowl XLV was “exhilarating”.
- Christina Aguilera Apologizes For Mangling National Anthem At Super Bowl - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera National Anthem Super Bowl - Feb 07, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Offers Apology For Botching Up National Anthem - Feb 07, 2011
- Christina Aguilera invited to sing do-over of anthem - Feb 09, 2011
- Christina Aguilera gets the US National Anthem wrong - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera 'messes up US National anthem at Superbowl' - Feb 07, 2011
- Aguilera's anthem flub causes stir in the betting camp - Feb 08, 2011
- Christina Aguilera jokes about her infamous Super Bowl mishap - Apr 28, 2011
- Cyndi Lauper forgets the words of the US national anthem - Sep 12, 2011
- Christina Aguilera talks about her anthem mistake - Apr 27, 2011
- Christina Aguilera 'to sing US National anthem at Super Bowl' - Jan 14, 2011
- Slash And Usher Join Black Eyed Peas For Super Bowl Performance - Feb 07, 2011
- Lauren Alaina flubs the national anthem - Nov 25, 2011
- Super Bowl Party Organized By Host Of Celebrities - Feb 06, 2011
- Christina Aguilera Blunders Again, Falls At Grammy Awards - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: black eyed peas, christina aguilera, controversies, cowboys, deficiencies, fergie, gaffe, gina gomez, half time show, hey mama, media outlets, modern time, national anthem, nerves, ramparts, star spangled banner, stunning singer, super bowl, super bowl half time, super bowl xlv