Feds Recommend Jail Sentence To ‘Survivor’ Winner Richard HatchFebruary 1st, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Feb 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Rhode island federal prosecutors have recommended that Survivor winner Richard Hatch should be imprisoned for violation of the terms of his release. He spent three years in prison for not clearing taxes on a $1 million prize he won for the reality TV show of CBS. A judge gave a verdict this month that he violated the release terms by not giving amended tax returns for both 2000 and 2001. It means he may have to spent two years in jail. The actor said on his part that he did not clear the taxes as he is waiting for an appeal which is pending in the U.S. Tax Court. His lawyer may challenge the verdict.
The reality TV star got convicted in 2006. Post his release in the year 2009 he started serving the supervised release term consisting of 3 years. The judge who found him guilty of violating the supervised release terms postponed the punishment to hear more from both sides. The prosecutors have accused the realty TV actor of lying in the Court. Andrew Reich Assistant U.S. Attorney said “The defendant’s punishment for violating the terms of his supervised release should take into account the fact that the defendant has failed to accept responsibility for his conduct”.
Richard Hatch shot to fame after winning the debut series of the reality show Survivors with a blend of ruthlessness and intelligence. He has also said that he is being discriminated because the fact that he is openly gay. The prosecutors have refuted the allegation saying his orientation has got nothing to do with the verdict.
- Feds recommend jail for Survivor winner Richard Hatch - Feb 01, 2011
- Judge denies Richard Hatch's bid to pay $25 to the IRS - Feb 08, 2012
- 'Survivor' Richard Hatch jailed - May 03, 2011
- Former Russian oil tycoon convicted for fraud (Lead) - Dec 27, 2010
- 2G case: Behura says CBI discriminating - Nov 01, 2011
- German judge convicts, frees ailing Nazi extermination camp guard - May 13, 2011
- "Blade" Star Wesley Snipes Ordered To Serve Three Years In Prison - Nov 20, 2010
- China vows thorough probe into Bo Xilai scandal - Apr 18, 2012
- Former 'Big Brother' winner Adam Jasinski sentenced to four years in prison - Jan 22, 2011
- 'Survivor' winner Richard Hatch sent to jail - Aug 20, 2009
- Reality Television Star Richard Hatch Arrested Again - Aug 20, 2009
- Mubarak verdict to be appealed against - Jun 03, 2012
- Rhode Island man sentenced for filing false tax returns - Mar 18, 2010
- ISI spy Ghulam Nabi Fai gets 2 years jail (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Kachroo ragging case: Convicts set free before term - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: 3 years, allegation, andrew reich, debut series, defendant, federal prosecutors, feds, jail sentence, ranjan, reality show, reality tv show, richard hatch, ruthlessness, spent three, supervised release, survivor winner, tax returns, tv actor, tv star, u s tax court