Fearne Cotton fears poltergeist is haunting her 17th century Georgian cottageAugust 29th, 2009 - 5:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 29 (ANI): Brit presenter Fearne Cotton has revealed that she fears her 17th century Georgian cottage is haunted by a poltergeist.
And the Radio One presenter may not be too far from the truth, as neighbours in the picturesque south-west London village say that the Grade II listed cottage is built over a mysterious secret tunnel.
Some say that it’s an ancient smugglers’ passage used to bring contraband inland from the nearby River Thames, while other have claimed the route was used by 17th century women looking to avoid using the nearby main road for fear of being robbed by highwaymen.
“It’s little known but if Fearne is being spooked I would put my money on it being something to do with that tunnel,” the Daily Star quoted a neighbour of the 28-year-old star as saying.
“About ten years ago builders renovating the cottage discovered the tunnel.
“There were many theories going around about what it was built for but whatever the truth it seems there are some dead souls down there who still enjoy troubling the living,” the neighbour added. (ANI)
- Priyanka's dream cottage to come up again - Aug 26, 2011
- Young mother Holly Taylor lives in her house with a poltergeist - Dec 10, 2010
- Cab drivers protest against use of Olympic lanes - Jul 24, 2012
- Labourer killed in Udaipur lift accident - Apr 13, 2012
- A snapshot of the average Briton - Jun 02, 2010
- Archaeologists fail to find secret burial site at Seti I tunnel's end - Jul 01, 2010
- 'Proud to be dirty' drive in Britain - Apr 08, 2012
- Humayun's Tomb gets 16th century makeover (With Images) - Jun 16, 2011
- Norwich State Hospital Featured In "Ghost Hunters" - May 06, 2010
- Israeli diplomats world over use taxis after attacks - Feb 14, 2012
- Cities replacing countryside on new Indian artscape (With Images) - Apr 11, 2011
- Brit dog walker 'snaps Victorian Age ghost in park' - May 15, 2010
- MI5 launches recruitment drive for women - Nov 08, 2010
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- China builds replicas of British towns (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: daily star, dead souls, fear, fears, georgian cottage, highwaymen, london village, money, nearby river, neighbour, neighbours, old star, picturesque south, poltergeist, radio one, river thames, secret tunnel, shy, smugglers, truth