Father’s death made Paltrow health consciousSeptember 9th, 2012 - 7:13 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 9 (IANS) Actress Gwyneth Paltrow says she changed her lifestyle after she lost her father, filmmaker Bruce Paltrow, to cancer a decade ago.
“When my father was diagnosed with cancer, it really changed the way that I lived - it changed my whole lifestyle,” people.com quoted the 39-year-old Paltrow as saying.
“I completely changed my diet, and I got very serious about exercising and about exposure to toxins. It really changed the way that I thought. I think I had more of a laissez-faire attitude about my health, and when he got cancer it was a real shock. … It was sort of like the break of my adolescence,” she added.
“This is my one life, and I need to invest in myself and my family and make sure that we can do what we can to stay healthy,” she added.
- Dad's demise brings Diaz, Paltrow closer - May 01, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow joins Twitter - Jun 02, 2011
- Gwyneth Paltrow says that dating Brad Pitt & Ben Affleck was 'strange' - Dec 24, 2010
- Paltrow feels depression was good for her - Jan 13, 2012
- Gwyneth Paltrow pens cookbook in memory of her late dad - Jul 11, 2010
- Tom Cruise is an amazing kisser: Paltrow - Jan 06, 2011
- Cooking makes Gwyneth Paltrow feel closer to dad - Jul 10, 2010
- Cameron Diaz pens down nutrition book - Jun 13, 2012
- Tobacco battle helped Gwyneth Paltrow play alcoholic in new movie - Dec 21, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow cries while eating pancakes - Dec 24, 2011
- Strict diet, workout got me into shape: Gwyneth Paltrow - May 08, 2010
- Paltrow happy to sacrifice career for family - Sep 19, 2012
- Canada's cancer death rate declines - May 10, 2012
- Paltrow launches cookbook in father's memory - Jul 09, 2010
- Paltrow gets greenfield to edit newsletter - May 20, 2012