‘Fashion’ songs will delight listeners (Music Review)October 7th, 2008 - 11:05 am ICT by IANS
Film: “Fashion”; Music Director: Salim-Suleiman; Lyricist: Irfan Siddique, Sandeep Nath; Singers: Salim Merchant, Neha Bhasin, Sukhwinder Singh, Shruti Pathak, Robert Bob Omulo, Satya Hinduja, Mohit Chauhan; Rating: ***1/2Composers Salim-Suleiman have created great music for the film “Fashion”. And the success or failure of Madhur Bhandarkar’s movie at the box office wouldn’t change the fate of the album, which, beyond doubt, is a commercial success.
The album starts with the interesting song “Aashiyana”, which is five-and-a-half minutes long. Salim and Suleiman have put together an engaging mix of sounds that are complimented by Salim’s rendition and Irfan Siddique’s lyrics.
Next is “Fashion ka jalwa” that talks about the reality of the fashion world. Sandeep Nath’s lyrics are meaningful. Sukhwinder Singh sings it well along with Bob Omulo and Satya Hinduja.
It’s a pleasure to hear Mohit Chauhan’s rendition in the romantic number “Kuch khaas”. He teams up with Neha Bhasin of Viva fame to sing the lovely song. It may not top the charts, but is very soothing to listen to.
“Mar jawaan” is one of the best tracks of the album. It is already creating waves on the small screen. Salim takes over the vocals once again and this time Shruti Pathak gives him company. She adds something fresh and likeable to the number.
“Theme of fashion” is an instrumental piece. While it is not a great piece in terms of composition, it might suit the situation during the course of the movie.
It’s very hard to find anything wrong with the album. Salim-Suleiman have done a wonderful job as composers and have brought out the essence of the movie in a remarkable way. Irfan has come out with great lyrics and every singer has given his or her best shot.
- Salim-Sulaiman impress with their music in 'Luck' (IANS Music Review) - Jun 30, 2009
- 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' has simple, warm melodies (Music Review) - Nov 29, 2008
- 'Anjaana Anjaani' soundtrack suits young tastes (IANS Music Review) - Sep 01, 2010
- Salim-Sulaiman create magic yet again with 'Kurbaan' (IANS Music Review) - Oct 20, 2009
- Get a taste of romance, action with 'Ek Tha Tiger' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- 'RA.One' music rocks (IANS Music Review) - Sep 16, 2011
- (SATURDAY) 'Heroine' soundtrack spreads Bollywood flavour (IANS Music Review) - Aug 31, 2012
- '8x10 Tasveer' music has rap, rock and soul (IANS Music Review) - Mar 23, 2009
- Gujarat government honours designers Shyamal, Bhumika - Aug 28, 2011
- Independent music returning in a big way: Salim Merchant - Apr 06, 2012
- 'Bol Bachchan' music fails to hold interest (IANS Music Review) - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Dabangg' sweeps GIMA with six awards - Sep 23, 2011
- Fun elements make 'Band Baaja Baaraat' an entertainer album (IANS Music Review) - Nov 10, 2010
- Shortcomings abound, 'Tezz' soundtrack still leaves a mark (IANS Music Review) - Apr 22, 2012
- Adnan Sami lets the music play on 39th birthday! - Aug 23, 2012