‘Fashion shows not just about clothes’July 4th, 2012 - 4:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 4 (IANS) American model-actress Whitney Port says fashion shows aren’t just about clothes, it is also about taking care of other details like hair, nails and skin.
“A fashion show is not just about the clothes; it’s everything from the hair and the make-up trends to the jewellery and even the fingernails. I once took half-an-hour to pick one nail colour!
“You take a lot of pride in it all because you know how many eyes are going to see it,” contactmusic.com quoted Port as saying.
The 27-year-old knew she had to start at the bottom in the fashion world and would not get any special favours.
“When you are a new designer you can take whatever spot you can get during Fashion Week. My show was at 9 a.m., which was good because it got a lot of people there but we had to arrive at 10 a.m.
“I literally spent 10 minutes in hair and make-up. I told them just to do something really fast and make me look decent,” she said.
- Whitney Port loves British fashion - Aug 04, 2012
- Britney needs a makeover: Whitney Port - Jul 02, 2012
- All about fashion backstage - from stylist Ambika Pillai - Apr 25, 2011
- Jessie J wants own perfume - May 21, 2012
- Tale of two Bollywood sisters: Sonam and Rhea - Jul 30, 2010
- It was fun to play villain: Julia Roberts (Interview) - Apr 08, 2012
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Richie's new collection out in September - Aug 21, 2012
- Whitney Port not worried about fashion - Apr 19, 2011
- Lingerie is foundation of woman's wardrobe: McCartney - Nov 26, 2011
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Colourful, kitschy Indian fashion a hit abroad - Dec 16, 2010
- Katie Price to launch baby wear range - Jun 17, 2010
- Japan's 'Lolita' trend is a rage in Brisbane! - Nov 06, 2010
- Designers tap small towns with big aspirations (Feature) - Aug 21, 2011