‘Fashion’ a morale booster for designer Gavin MiguelNovember 2nd, 2008 - 9:29 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 2 (IANS) Madhur Bhandarkar’s much-hyped “Fashion” has come as a morale booster for designer Gavin Miguel, who dressed up the three leading ladies - Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut and debutante Mugdha Godse - in the film.Miguel, a co-stylist for the movie along with Rita Dhody, dressed up the actresses for four of the five fashion shows they participate in the course of the movie.
Though Miguel’s designs have caught the eye of the audience as well as professional designers, he didn’t want to take all the credit for creating the stylish outfits worn by the actresses.
“First, I must thank the movie’s costume designer Rita Dhody, who coordinated the whole process. I am also grateful to Madhur (Bhandarkar) for giving me a free hand in my choice of fabrics for the dresses,” Miguel told IANS.
“Fashion”, a take on the Indian fashion industry, also stars Arbaaz Khan, Arjan Bajwa and many of the Who’s Who of the fashion fraternity.
Miguel revealed that he had imported all the fabrics used for the dresses worn by the three leading ladies from Europe.
“While my designs are all Indian in taste, I had made special designs for the dresses of Priyanka and other participants that they wear during the Paris part of the fashion show in the movie,” he said.
The designer added that he was a bit apprehensive about the Paris show as he wasn’t sure whether Priyanka and the others would be able to carry off the western outfits with ease and élan to make the ramp walk seem real.
“But they did, like true professionals,” he quipped.
Miguel is also a personal dress designer for almost all the top Bollywood actresses.
“I design dresses for them as per their choice, but only after ensuring which fabric, design or colour will suit them as per their physique and complexion. I never design outlandish dresses,” he said.
Over the years, the designer has observed a change in the fashion tastes of Bollywood actresses.
“The actresses have of late come to realise that fashion cannot be far removed from reality just to make them stand out. This penchant for realism as far as the designs go is a new phenomenon among the current breed of Bollywood heroines and I welcome it,” Miguel said.
- Kareena perfect choice for 'Heroine', says Priyanka - Dec 20, 2011
- Debarun Mukherjee's love for saris continues at LFW - Mar 04, 2012
- Ash, Bhandarkar launch 'Heroine' in Cannes (With Images) - May 13, 2011
- Priyanka's charm evergreen, says Bhandarkar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 07, 2012
- Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designer - May 08, 2012
- Kareena shows different shades of Bollywood 'heroine' (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Approached for two Bollywood films: Paris Hilton - Sep 24, 2011
- Designing for Vidya was refreshing: National Award winner Niharika Khan - Mar 12, 2012
- Bhatt praises Randeep's work in 'Jannat 2' - Apr 27, 2012
- Biggest moment when Michelle wore my dress: Naeem Khan (Interview) - Nov 01, 2011
- Shreyas shoots for item number with Chitrangada (Movie Snippets) - Nov 13, 2011
- Models wait for their Bollywood breaks - Jun 05, 2012
- I'm speechless and overwhelmed: Bhandarkar - Apr 09, 2012
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
- Silence Takes Priyanka Chopra To Mental Asylum - Jul 20, 2010