Farrell was dubious about ‘Total Recall’July 23rd, 2012 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 23 (IANS) Actor Colin Farrell says was he was nervous about working in the remake of sci-fi film “Total Recall” until director Len Wiseman showed him how different it was from the 1990 movie.
In “Total Recall”, the 36-year-old plays the lead role of Douglas Quaid, originally played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
“I loved Arnold in the original ‘Total Recall’, which I saw when I was 15 or 16. There were some funny one liners, there were some great action sequences and really fun performances from Arnold and Sharon Stone. So when I was approached about a new version, I was dubious,” contactmusic.com quoted Farrell as saying.
“But although the characters exist within the same story frame and are battling with the same conceptual elements, they’re very different characters, and for me that was a relief,” added Farrell.
Even Wiseman wanted to avoid many similarities with the original film, and admits he had no interest in simply remaking the movie with modern effects.
“I had no interest in just remaking Paul Verhoeven’s film with updated effects. And I didn’t want to do another version of Arnold Schwarzenegger,” said the director.
- Colin Farrell to play Arnie's role in 'Total Recall' remake - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Total Recall' - decent re-imagination, but falls short (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 04, 2012
- Eva Mendes may star in 'Total Recall' - Mar 24, 2011
- Beckinsale dislikes portraying weak women - Jul 31, 2012
- Wiseman to remake Arnie's 'Total Recall' - Jul 30, 2010
- Colin Farrell in 'Total Recall' remake? - Oct 24, 2010
- Farrell found 'Total Recall' preparation boring - Sep 09, 2012
- Colin Farrell genius: 'Total Recall' producer - Jul 16, 2012
- Beckinsale wants to return to romantic comedies - Jul 09, 2012
- Beckinsale worried about daughter's future boyfriends - Jul 23, 2012
- Farrell grateful for second chance in Hollywood - Jul 31, 2012
- Biel was nervous about punching Beckinsale - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Bunty Aur Babli' in English to be quirkier - Jul 25, 2012
- Legal battle over 3D animated remake of 'The Terminator' - Aug 17, 2010
- Love scenes more awkward for Colin: Beckinsale - Aug 21, 2012
Tags: action sequences, actor colin, arnold schwarzenegger, colin farrell, conceptual elements, douglas quaid, funny one liners, lead role, len wiseman, london, paul verhoeven, sci fi film, sharon stone, story frame, total recall